• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD 1973 EB Rock Crawler for sale (new pics- 9/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
Now $16,000 (HD t-case installed)

Its time to sell my frame off rock crawler build to focus on some of my other bronco projects.

Stats:
-1973 U15 Bronco, current registration (antique) with year matching TX plates
-Frame off – frame stripped down, primered and painted black
-1” Wild Horses integrated body lift
-James duff door inserts
-Duff 3.5 front springs and Deaver 4.5 rear 11 pack leafs
-James Duff Extended Radius Arms w/ 4 deg. BC Broncos C-bushings
-Rancho adjustable long travel shocks, Protofab rear shock hoops, custom front shock hoops
-rebuilt and ported West Texas Offroad quick ratio 3.25 turn Steering Box with brand new sector shaft, ported for Ram Assist
-Tilt Steering Column from 84 E150 w/ custom lower Collapsible Steering Shaft, GT Grant Leather Steering Wheel, turn signal cam recently replaced
-Full width Dana 44 High Pinion from 77 F 150 fully rebuilt w/ 5.38 Motive gears & ARB air locker, new Yukon cro-mo axles with Yukon Superjoints, factory Ford disc brakes, custom made knuckle over 1.25 DOM Trac bar, Tie rod, and Drag link w/ hardened .75 in. Spherical Rod Ends, raised Trac Bar mount, James Duff HD drop track bar bracket installed on frame, bracket welded on for ram assist ram
-Full width rear axle 9” late style housing from 84 E 150 van (extra wide) fully rebuilt w/ 5.38 Motive gears, ARB 31 spline locker, Timkin Tapered Roller Bearings mounted on hardened alloy Currie Enterprises 31 spline axle shafts, Explorer rear disc brakes w/ emergency brake application (not currently connected)
-Full stainless brake hard lines w/ Braided Stainless Steel flex lines, Hydro boost unit from HD GM Chassis Truck and new MC, Wilwood rear proportioning valve
-rebuilt 351W, E7 heads, RV cam, 2 barrel Motorcraft 2100 modded for offroad use
-Rebuilt f&r drive shafts--rear is long spline
-rebuilt NP435
-0 miles professionally rebuilt (Viperwolf!) D20 with Terra Low gears and WH 300m rear output shaft, twin sticked
-WH ceramic coated shorty headers with custom dual 2.5” to single 3” exhaust with Magnaflow stainless muffler
-gray high back seats from a 90’s Eclipse
-removed and inspected stock 1977 bronco wiring harness
-Rebuilt 351 with Explorer front dress and rebuilt Motorcraft 2100
-new Griffin aluminum 3 core radiator with custom aluminum shroud
-original gauge cluster rebuilt/refurbished be Classy Chassis
-H4 headlights and harness
-custom 6 point cage, 2” DOM tubing, set up for 3 point seat belts (not included)
-Bailey Built front (custom) bumper w/ Smittybilt XR-8 winch, steel cable
-black Raceline beadlock Rock Mod 17” rims
-40” Goodyear MT/R's (older tread pattern)
-heater box rebuilt with Chevy blower motor upgrade
-Tom’s bronco windshield washer cover
-BC Bronco’s PS filter
-PS cooler from late model Dodge Durango
-Optima redtop – purchased 5/2014—behind rear seat with custom cables
-freshly rebuilt and hot rodded Explorer pump from Lee’s Power Steering—increased PSI and GPM mods
-BCB steering box frame reinforcement kit
-ARB compressor under hood for front/rear lockers
-RCI 2161A fuel cell with Carter external fuel pump
-Cherokee 14” wiper conversion
-rebuilt heater box with Chevy blower upgrades
-synthetic gear lube throughout
-gray stock rear seat and new lap belts (not shown but included)
-Extra paint for hood/touchup
-Bikini top **Sunbrella top shown in photos NOT included.

Mostly rust free tub (only front floor pans were replaced) painted Sherwin Williams 5th Dimension “Tantalizing Turquoise” paint, extreme cutout front fenders (some bondo under paint, cut off rocker panels w/ .25 in 2x5 rectangle tubing welded on rock skids, front inner fenders removed and engine cage installed, front hood and grill narrowed 6 inches. Some dings and dents on corners from rock crawling.

This truck was built to crawl. I would not advise anyone looking for a streetable bronco to look here. Although I have driven it to the store, 40" tires, quick ration steering, and 5.13's are a handful.

This is a work in progress as I continue to make this truck better. I have a pile of stuff waiting to be installed and I will continue to do so as time goes on. Price will change accordingly.

Not yet installed parts, in the order of precedence of installation:
8” ram for hydro assist with hoses
Bailey Built rear bumper
BC Broncos belly skid plate
Factory parking brake – will need cables and fulcrum lever
Wheelbase extension kit:
--Rear wheel well extensions
--B pillar frame tie-ins for cage
--Extended rear drive shaft
--Stinky 23 gallon tank that can be cut down (and cleaned!!) once rear end is stretched to replace fuel cell to regain bed space
--spare set of leaf spring mounts, front and rear

Upgraded parts are negotiable to be added to deal. Once they get installed, the price goes up, and I am not pulling them off.

$16,000 as it sits, and negotiable with the extra parts.

Will be wheeling at OCBR and available for delivery there, otherwise come and get it in Austin, TX. Email or post up any questions.

Attachments

• passenger.jpg
    passenger.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 895
  • portrait.jpg
    portrait.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 759
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 714
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 772
  • 10390293_10152422387009787_6356142395054914185_n.jpg
    10390293_10152422387009787_6356142395054914185_n.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:

akirshbom

Can vouch for this truck. Seen it built and wheeled. Quality throughout.
Some will recall this is the old Project Trigger build with MANY upgrades ADDED!
GLWS Matt!!!

OP
OP
mp

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
Nope, I will be there regardless if it sells by then or not. If I bring it, it will have a For Sale sign in the window!

bigjhoov

nobody
That's a deal right there folks. You definitely couldn't build it for that. That's a lot of truck for the money.

OP
OP
mp

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
Turn key, ready to wheel!! Choose the upgrades you want or drag your feet and I will upgrade at will.

I will work on getting some interior and engine pics up this evening.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
sweet rig! good luck with the sale!!

OP
OP
mp

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
Wish I was closer to TX :(

I've got some skinny rollers for it to fit on a transport!

I gathered up all the receipts I could find on this truck, some build pics, and a file folder of stuff for the new owner. This is a turn key rig, ready to wheel.

OP
OP
mp

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
Here are some additional requested pics of the dash, front view, and engine. JBA coated shortie headers, 40" Goodyear MTR with good tread--no patches or plugs, Griffin aluminum radiator and custom Frankenstein aluminum fan shroud. Explorer front dress on the rebuilt 351 (showing 13 miles on the odometer). Custom front shock hoops with built in bump stops. Custom dash with ARB switches and fuel pump switch. ARB compressor to run the dual ARB's located in the engine compartment.

Attachments

• IMG_1638.jpg
    IMG_1638.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_1637.jpg
    IMG_1637.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_1636.jpg
    IMG_1636.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_1635.jpg
    IMG_1635.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_1627.jpg
    IMG_1627.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_1633.jpg
    IMG_1633.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_1632.jpg
    IMG_1632.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_1625.jpg
    IMG_1625.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_1626.jpg
    IMG_1626.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_1623.jpg
    IMG_1623.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_1624.jpg
    IMG_1624.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
OP
OP
mp

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
Additional pics of undercarriage and exhaust. Did I mention this was a frame off build up and the undercarriage is fully painted? $500 custom bent dual 2.5 into stainless Magnaflow muffler and 3" single out. Carter external fuel pump located high on the frame. Currie explorer rear discs. Deaver rear springs, WH heavy duty Ubolt kit.

Rear bumper pictured is temporary for the wheeling season as I plan to stretch rear wheelbase 6" and only want to modify the Bailie Bilt rear bumper once.

Please ignore the missing and disconnected pieces (like the driveshaft)and the dirt left over from the last run at Clayton, OK--I am prepping for OCBR.

Attachments

• IMG_1630.jpg
    IMG_1630.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1629.JPG
    IMG_1629.JPG
    210.4 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1628.jpg
    IMG_1628.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_1631.jpg
    IMG_1631.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
OP
OP
mp

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
Got the stock transfer case pulled and Viper Built low geared D20 with 300m output shaft ready to install. Should be in by this weekend--ran out of daylight to reinstall. Armor bedsides should be also fitted and installed this weekend. Price will go up accordingly as soon as completed and tested.

OP
OP
mp

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
Just finished installation of Viper Built Tera Low geared t-case with HD output shaft.

Now priced at $16,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.