• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NC 1973 Ford Bronco~Concourse Grade 1~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightstick

Bronco guy
WWWAAAYYY TOO MUCH MONEY!!! Only an all original in perfect condition would demand a price tag even close to that in my opinion. Even then, only maybe half that, if that much.

If you're looking for a rig in that kind of shape I'd pass. Heck, get with Nick at NicksTrix about 70EBs old bronco. I bet it's less than half that, and just as nice. Not sure if it's still for sale or not though.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
wouldn't a concours grade of '1' be the worst grade you could get?

looks far from stock to me.... %)

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hmmmm

Maybe it's just me; but, for that kind of money I would think the seller would have someone proofread the ad before posting.

Jeff

Broncitis

MEB Founder
To be 100% honest, ads written like this douchebag's piss me off. ;D

It is hype, topped by bullshit with nothing to back it up.

I know quite a few on here and elsewhere who build some damn fine Broncos, as I like to think that some of the ones my dad and I have done can be shown along the best out there.

However, I would still not write half of that bullshit and we have tons of awards, articles, documentation and other provenance to go with most of our builds.

When ever anyone says "The best" or "The nicest", beware and put on your boots, because you will most often be wading through more bullshit as you read on!

When describing ours, I try to say nothing more than "one of the best/nicest" . I feel comfortable parking our Broncos next to any Broncos I have ever seen, but I have seen other equally as nice, and some which could be considered nicer by me and certainly by others.

And as has been pointed out, what the hell is "Concourse Grade 1"? That rig might be allowed in the spectator parking lot at Amelia Island or Pebble Beach, but certainly nowhere near the showfield at a Concours level show.

I might just have to call Ben tomorrow to inquire about this fine machine and ask him where and how he got the "Concourse Grade 1" .

I think he has watched too much of "What's my car worth" where they rate them on a scale of 1-6 with 1 being the best, and 6 being only good for parts. That is the only think I can figure. As was also pointed out, being heavily modified, it can not even be graded by the criteria they use.

Last edited:

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
To be 100% honest, ads written like this douchebag's piss me off. ;D
I think he has watched too much of "What's my car worth" where they rate them on a scale of 1-6 with 1 being the best, and 6 being only good for parts. That is the only think I can figure. As was also pointed out, being heavily modified, it can not even be graded by the criteria they use.

HaHa, Drew, you only a 3.5???? Damn, I thought you'd be a # 1 and my lil' orange would be a 3.5 or more!!!!! Heck I guess I'm down to a 8 o 9???

Is it Concour's or Concourse????

Broncitis

MEB Founder
HaHa, Drew, you only a 3.5???? Damn, I thought you'd be a # 1 and my lil' orange would be a 3.5 or more!!!!! Heck I guess I'm down to a 8 o 9???

Is it Concour's or Concourse????

I was talking about Iron Bear;D It is still good for much more than parts! It is good for showing up guys on 38's and 40's with 31's! ;)

I edited that after I think I realized what they guy might be using as his "scale", even though it is BS and certainly not awarded by any sanctioning body.

It is actually Concours d’Elegance

http://www.ameliaconcours.org/

http://www.pebblebeachconcours.net/index.html

There are others as well, but the two above are the most prominent from each coast. My dad has been to Amelia Island (sans Bronco) and to a few others. His buddy Bob has shown and won at Pebble Beach, Amelia and others with his Brass Era restorations.

I have not been to one of those highfalutin shin digs yet. ;D Not really sure I want to either. To stiff for me, but maybe just to expeiriance it.

Bob and his wife they they much more enjoy the East Coast Bronco Roundup that they have attend over the last few years. :)

Broncitis

MEB Founder
OK, I used some of my Google Foo and found this:

http://www.classiccollectableautos.com/CCA_Condition.html

If you read the description, even if we take out the concept of being factory correct, I am CERTAIN most any of us could find flaws in paint, fit, or any number of areas. Honestly, I have never seen a Bronco that fits a class 1 according to this critera. A 1-, maybe?

More often the nicest Broncos I have ever seen are probably a 2 or maybe a 2+ at best with most of what we consider really top rate Broncos being in the 3 range of this scale.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
LOL, so what would be considered a "lowball" offer on something that's $79k?

Broncitis

MEB Founder
LOL, so what would be considered a "lowball" offer on something that's $79k?

Hard to tell with the small pics and limited actual specs and detail that was left out for BS.

My guess it that unless there is something really high end under the hood or elsewhere, that *might* be a good $25-$35K Bronco if super fresh, super clean, with lots of top shelf components.

That is NOT to say they do not have $79K or more into it with parts and labor. That does not determine value. It is real easy to end up even well beyond that in many cases, but very, very few ever get what they put into them out of them (especially if they paid for any or all labor).

If I liked that Bronco, I'd get more details on specs and better pics. Then I would compile some comps that have sold in the last year or so and shoot him an offer based on that and ask him if he feels it justifies much more, so show me some comps that support his number.

IMO, one of the only ways you are going to get that type of coin for an EB is one of the following:

1. SUPER rare, totally stock, ultra low miles, something truly unique and special or historic in nature.
2. Totally over the top custom (Maui Matt's insane bad ass EB buggy comes to mind)
3. You are building / restoring one for for a customer.
4. High end custom market targeted to very wealthy people like ICON is doing and several others are now jumping on the bandwagon.

I hope nobody takes my posts on this the wrong way. The true value is whatever he can get someone to pay. It might be a fantastic Bronco, I just think the ad is a bunch of hype and worthless BS that can not be substantiated.

I also normally do not post my opinion in the classifieds, but the OP asked for thoughts, so that's what came to mind. ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

Punchgolfr

Loc.
Charlotte, NC
I laughed my face off when I saw this. I'm giving this guy a call Tom and I will report back. I've got about 50 questions to ask the guy and I hope to get some pics to post. ��

ILikeBond

There are more accessible pictures here - http://dreamcarsource.com/pictures/c56.

Looks like a fairly standard rebuild in the 15-25k range depending on the specific build sheet. Appears to have both a lean and rake, and while it's generally nice, nothing jumps out as particularly high-end, custom etc.

rsharpnm

Loc.
Las Cruces
I run into dweebs that throw around the term "concours" all the time at shows...

As someone that HAS restored a car as close to original as I could manage, I gotta say that Bronco, while nice, is NOT a concours restoration by any definition. A non-stock roll cage, digital dash, non-stock seats and console, rhino-lined firewall and undercarriage, dual exhaust etc. etc. is the opposite of what a concours restoration means.

I enter my '69 Mach 1 in regional Mustang shows judged by Mustang Club of America standards. After starting out in 'driven' and winning a second, I slowly made adjustments based on the judging sheets to make things correct: Autolite battery, emissions stickers, AM radio, little trim pieces, etc. After three years of work, I finally got MCA Gold, and I'm awfully proud of that for a car I still drive on the road every now and then.

This Bronco, while nice, is a clean and super nice, but it's not original, and thus not a concours job. When a mouth-breather comes up to me on the show field and talks about how he "restored" his Mustang with a non-stock engine, 22" wheels, and a retina-burning paint job, it's not restored, it's modified. Nothing wrong with that, but it's harder to restore a car IMHO than it is to modify it.

</rant>

Status
Not open for further replies.