• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1974 red on red explorer paint code

bigpitbull

BRONCO ADDICT
Loc.
Saltillo, MS
So on the glove box vin the paint code shows 6 but that doesn't correspond to the color represented by Broncohio.com
I know there were some variations in the color codes for some years. Any clues what the actual red is called and the correct paint code?

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
If the glove box says 6 and the glove box is original to the Bronco then I would go with paint code 6. In 75 paint code 6 is Viking Red. It is not uncommon for all manufacturers to use new paint codes on late year run vehicles. Always go by the paint code on the vehicle. The color books like those found on colorlibrary.com aren't always 100% accurate.

I have checked all these paint codes in this thread as accurate
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213689

OP
OP
bigpitbull

bigpitbull

BRONCO ADDICT
Loc.
Saltillo, MS
I have owned a red top/red body from the factory.... I sold it a while back. It had rust but was buildable... The bronco I'm talking about has a white top with red exterior/red interior and body chrome.