• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1974 Resto/Custom Build

Dr.no1

Loc.
Lincoln
Decided that I have done a lot of looking for info and inspiration on this site and should start a build thread. I am going to call it Project Rusty Turd. Lots of rust to fix but its cold here now so nothing better to do.

SANY0275.jpg

SANY0277.jpg

SANY0276.jpg

SANY0274.jpg

SANY0273.jpg

SANY0272.jpg

SANY0271.jpg

SANY0270.jpg

SANY0269.jpg

SANY0268.jpg

SANY0267.jpg

OP
OP
D

Dr.no1

Loc.
Lincoln
I plan to eliminate the rust, lift and wheel the rig. I am a huge fan of four wheeling and love the early broncos, just seemed like a perfect fit to me!

OP
OP
D

Dr.no1

Loc.
Lincoln
I got some more pictures of some of the work that I have been doing. Slow and steady, has been pretty damn cold here and working in a small unheated garage has slowed some progress. My plans would be to get most of the tub rust free. I plan to run an engine cage bar system to mount the fenders and grille. For the suspension i would like to eventually run a rear four link setup and cage arms up front.

008.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

OP
OP
D

Dr.no1

Loc.
Lincoln
Thanks, need it to warm up a bit to continue the teardown. But I am sure you know all about the cold and snow!