• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1974 Windshield frame squeak

demo0211

My windshield frame squeaks on the passenger side when driving over 20 mph and you can see it shaking a little with the top off, very annoying. If i pull back on the top of the frame it stops and but no way to secure it that I can see. Anybody else have the issue and whats the fix?

SHX669

Bronco Guru
Roll bar or Roll Cage with supports from that to the windshield.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Assuming you don’t have a top. A bikini cover will stop that
Also the gasket at the bottom of the window frame could be toast and replacing should help

OP
OP
D

demo0211

I just installed a bikini top and thinking of folding windshield forward and placing a thin weatherstrip piece down and standing windshield back up to see if that helps.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Likely rubbing on the door frame. Mine does that if I don't get the passenger do shut all the way, which lets the windshield wiggle around.

If you don't have a full family cage you might look at tying in the windshield to the rollbar with some type of brace.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Yep, needs to be secured.

Without front bar and front bar added.

Attachments

• windshield brace.jpg
    windshield brace.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 15
  • c12.jpg
    c12.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 15

Lunar-tic

Loc.
Brentsville
Try removing the bolts holding it in, the two on either side of the dash, clean them, oil them, and reinstall. Make sure they are tight. Mine did this and they just needed tightening. That said, I won't discount the need to brace the windshield when the top is off. That is on my to-do list.