• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1976 Bronco Fully Restored

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioFlyer

This is a complete frame off restoration. You can see the beginning to end restoration on my build thread, http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113685&highlight=2+into+1+Oregon+Project
Basically I purchased a 1967 Bronco that ran and had a decent body. I also purchased a 1976 Bronco that had been involved in a slow roll. I installed the ‘67 body onto the ‘76 frame, chassis. I took the frame down to bare metal and started from there having it powder coated. The ’76 motor had been recently rebuilt when I purchased it so I didn’t dive into the block. When I got that far it appeared it indeed had been rebuilt. I installed a fuel injection top end from a 1991 Ford Mustang 5.0 and replaced most of the sensors. As such it runs great and I have no issues with the EFI, blowing or burning oil or anything else. I’ve added several aftermarket items during the rebuild. Here’s what it is:

302 (or 5.0) with EFI upgrade
Thorley Ceramic Coated Headers
2 into 1 2.5inch Exhaust System
New One Wire Alternator
Gel Cell Battery
New Power Brakes
23 Gallon Aftermarket Fuel Tank
Power Steering
Power Brakes
Tilt Steering (from a 79 Ford F150)
New Brake Pads and cylinders
Automatic Transmission
Transfer case with twin stick shifters
3 ½” Lift Kit
Dana 44 Front End with Aussie Locker
Ford 9 Inch Limited Slip Rear End
Family Roll Cage
Bronco Bob Bumpers
Warn 9.5 Winch
Powder Coated Frame, bumpers, Roll Cage and other misc parts
Epoxy Painted Transfer Case, Drivelines and Dif Axles
BF Goodrich 35” Tires on Dick Cepek Wheels
Sprayed In Bedliner
Hunsaker Seats
Re-upholstered Rear Bench with Powder Coated Frame.
New Light Lenses
Halogen Rally Lights
Tuffy Glove box and Center Console

My only regrets in the restoration are that the door interiors are dented here and there and I don’t like the way they came out. Secondly, I did the painting myself and it was the first time I painted a car. I followed the right process’ and it probably came out okay to some’s standards but not mine.

The top is currently being painted stock white and will come with a safari rack.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.