• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1976 paint code 'S' - Midnight Blue Metallic touch up

tirewater

Loc.
San Francisco Bay Area
I'm looking for a can of the 1976 Bronco paint code 'S', which is the Midnight Blue Metallic paint. I know next to nothing about paints, but a search of the forum didn't yield what I was looking for - someone to hold my hand. :-X

The Duplicolor Ford "Dark Blue Metallic" is darker than my original color.

I want to clean up some surface rust on the underbody. The paint doesn't have to match exactly, but a close enough approximation.

On a side note, I'm debating whether to use an epoxy primer or por15 route. The por15 route would be:

sand & rust disolve to metal->clean->metal prep->por15->self etching primer->top coat with body color

This is underneath my transmission tube and original floor pans.

Funny in drafting this post I ran across this, looks like 3G(S) is my paint, "Bright Dark Blue Metallic".

Could I take the "5467" code to a paint store and have some mixed up?

Thanks.

ford_1977_truck_dupont_c_04.jpg
[/QUOTE]

(from http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2622150#post2622150)