• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1977 Bronco purchased last week

xeasyriderx

Loc.
Stanley
Hi, I'm new to this forum and not sure how it all works. I purchased a 1977 Bronco Sport last week. It had been hit in drivers door and fender. I will be needing to replace some sheet metal. I have been looking for a while for an early Bronco, but all I could find were the restored ones for the big bucks and I was looking for a workable project. Finished replacing all the brakes from master cylinder to disc brake and drum. Everything replaced from top to bottom. It runs great and I felt that it need to be able to stop too! But, my reason for writing is there are a few small things that are missing and I don't know where to start looking for bits and pieces. There definitely aren't any in the junk yards around here. I'm missing one piece of chrome from around rear window. I need one set of chrome for the drivers door and a chrome vent window (due to accident). My problem is that all of this is available in sets and pairs, but I only need single items. So, where do I go to find bits and pieces?
Forgive me if I'm in wrong forum or if I'm doing this wrong. But, I thought I would just throw it out there and see if anyone can help. Thanks for your time to read this!

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Delconick here on CB has lots of used stuff.

All of the vendors on this page have everything you need new.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
AS you observed, the vendors who advertise on this site sell stuff in kits. For single pieces, post a wanted ad in the classifieds section. Probably your best bet to find just what you're looking for instead of buying a kit and having extra parts.

Welcome to the board.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Congrats on the new to you '77. Singles can be a tough find on some parts, but it never hurts to contact the vendors and see if they have an scratch and dent stuff for discount, as it's been known to happen. Who knows, the dent or scratch might be in the opposite handed part you don't need or want and it could be a win-win for everybody.

Otherwise there are guys on here that stockpile used, original EB parts for sale for everything from the mundane to the truly obscure stuff. Wanted ads are another option as well. Regardless of the method, the part is most likely out there somewhere.

Hotrodjohn

You can find window trim pieces pretty regularly on ebay and often in single pieces. You can buy a new reproduction stainless vent window or look for used one on ebay as well. The common issue with vent windows is the lower pivot rusts out and make it flop when you open.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Welcome aboard.. Post up In the parts wanted section and keep eye on the for sale as well..

someone will have what you need

Good luck

ScanmanSteven

Bronco Guru
Don’t have what you need but welcome to the site, you’ll get all your questions answered here.

Tugross302

Welcome to the best place on the interweb. Become a contributor and start posting pictures. We all love bronco pics