• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TX 1977 Not Mine, Just Looked at it

Status
Not open for further replies.

trailerjack

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Central Texas
I just looked at it this a.m., anyone who may have questions, feel free to ask.

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/4018457286.html

It is pretty rough for his asking price, and he overpaid for it, which kinda bummed me out.

Issues:
Engine idles very rough

There is rust coming through in a lot of places - doors, floors, rockers, the hood is bad, and there appears to be a solid layer of bondo on all the kick panels.

Transmission slips in and out of gear (acts really weird), and when you put it in gear it clunks really loud.

It veers to the left a lot and there is about 3" of play in the steering wheel on each side.

Transmission is leaking from the pan, and the upper part of the bell housing.

Stops OK

Drives ok (when it is shifting properly).

I am buying a bronco for my wife, and I would not consider this one safe to put her in at all....needs a lot of work to be safe in my opinion.

Just wanted to save anyone else a trip out there. I dont know if I would pay half of that- there is no telling what the previous owner did (the guy who owned it before current seller).

rhino2104

Wow. The pics it looks pretty good. If it has all of those issues I would pay him MAYBE $5k for it. I paid less than that for my first which had some rust and needed an interior but at least it ran and stopped right and it the seller never tried to say otherwise.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Good to know, Good luck w/the search for the wife's bronco.

patience is key, the right one will pop up when you least expect it...

OP
OP
trailerjack

trailerjack

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Central Texas
Yeah, the pics looked great, I saw the ad the night before, hit the guy up and drove out the next morning....

He did email me and ask if I wanted to take it home for 10,500....I think he wants it gone. I think I'd pay 7 grand as a gamble, but with the rust, engine, and that lime green paint peeking through on some spots, I know somebody rode this one hard, and may not have paid the most attention to detail when fixing her up.

Status
Not open for further replies.