• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1977 Parking Brake Linkage

galen1970b

So, Im getting together all the parts to get my stock parking brake working......Are all the assembly's from 66-77 the same?. I need everything except the cables that come out from the rear brakes. From what I can tell...I just need the pedal assembly...cable, actuation lever, adjustment rod and the equalizer block....Is the lever held in with some sort of special pin? Or just a standards bolt?

71broncman

Loc.
Woodland Park, Co
I assume your talking about the lever underneath that the cable from the pedal connects to the cable with the adjuster. The lever is held in with a pin that has a spring clip on the bottom to keep it from falling out. A short bolt with a lock nut would work as well. Just leave enough slack for the lever to pivot freely.
Mark.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
So, Im getting together all the parts to get my stock parking brake working......Are all the assembly's from 66-77 the same?. I need everything except the cables that come out from the rear brakes. From what I can tell...I just need the pedal assembly...cable, actuation lever, adjustment rod and the equalizer block....Is the lever held in with some sort of special pin? Or just a standards bolt?

Here is a few pictures from my 68, my 77 was different. Sorry no pic's of that one...

Attachments

• DSCN1324.jpg
    DSCN1324.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCN1329.jpg
    DSCN1329.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 38
OP
OP
galen1970b

galen1970b

Thanks for the Pictures!, I cant imagine theres a lot of difference between the 66-76 to 77, If all else fails I'm sure I can make the non 77 stuff work.