• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1978 Bronco steering column diagram needed

jckkys

Bronco Guru
I found a good auto trans '78 column for my '77. It's not a tilt, as I don't want another place to get loose. I welded an EB securing bracket in the '77 position and now am ready to re-assemble it. A diagram would be most helpful, but I can't find one. My searches seem to give me only the tilt columns. The how to youtube videos are the also for tilt columns or EB columns. My '77 shop manual isn't much help either.

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
Should be about the same as your bronco wiring. What year is your bronco. 76 and 77 broncos have the same plug as 78 and my 77 i didnt even need to move any wires. Plugged right and everything worked. I believe the 76 needs a wire moved

OP
OP
J

jckkys

Bronco Guru
I had the whole thing apart to clean and paint it. Some new parts had to be ordered and located. My memory of the order of re-assembly isn't perfect. The wiring isn't a problem. The mechanical diagram, or exploded view of the hard parts is what I need. Matching the color coded wires at the semi circular plug can wait.