• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1988 F250-Good Donor???

XT700

Loc.
Brownsville
Got a line on an F250 with a 351 and the C6 tranny. The price is right(very right!) but is it worth bothering with, the motor and tranny are good and I would like to put a 351 w/EFI into my rig at some point. What are the good and bad points with this motor and is there anything else that might be of use. The front axle is that twin beam system so nothing good there but what about the rest of the drivetrain.

Thanks.

OP
OP
XT700

XT700

Loc.
Brownsville
Will the EFI be a problem because it is a truck? I do have a 2" body lift, will that give enough clearance or will I still have to find an intake from a car?

Thanks

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Unless you do a ridiculously tall hood scoop, you will have to find one from a car. The EFI is also speed density and is not desired. There are guys out there running it but with no performance mods at all.

OP
OP
XT700

XT700

Loc.
Brownsville
So the motor will fit if I use the part from BC Broncos. What about the speed density, I don't have plans of ever modifying the motor, expect it will have all the power I need. However if the day did come when I wanted to up the performance it appears this might not be a good starting point?