• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD 1990 351W EFI w/ harness & ECU (Needs to Go!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dclack

I just picked up a 1990 F250 4x4 for the ZF5 and I'm parting out the rest. It has a running 351W EFI. Miles are unknown as the odo only has 5 digits (currently 23,621); it was a farm truck. Previous owner replaced the water pump and said that there is a small crack in the 'front cover'. I believe it is in the timing cover; it is NOT in the engine block. It has AC and cruise control.

I'm asking $450 for the complete engine including all accessories, wiring harness, ECU, and anything else you want related to the engine (if I pull it; $300 if you pull it). Will consider trade for nice 8000lb+ winch.

The trans, flywheel, and hydraulic clutch are NOT for sale. Everything else (including the T-case) is for sale.

P3220036.jpg

P3220037.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
dclack

dclack

Me too! I've got to get rid of this truck fast, and hopefully turn a little profit at the same time or my wife is going to kill me! ;D

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Me and another guy in SC are looking for EFI 351s! I had two broncos before I went to Iraq on 2010. I came home to one, wife (w/ help of my dad) gave my 66 away. It was in very bad shape, but I was still a lil pissed. Now I have a 76 Ranger, an uncut 72 project and picking up a 77 F100 4x4 tomorrow. She shouldn't have gotten rid of my 66!

Start a thread on your tranny install, inquiring minds want to be nosey! What are you putting in front of that tranny?

Good luck on the sale too!

OP
OP
dclack

dclack

Start a thread on your tranny install, inquiring minds want to be nosey! What are you putting in front of that tranny?

Good luck on the sale too!

It will be a couple of months before I do the tranny swap; I still have to decide if I'm going to bite the bullet and buy the adapter for the D20 or get an NP205. I have a 302 that the PO said was recently rebuilt with a 351 cam and firing order, but I haven't been able to verify this because he couldn't find the build sheet. :p Either way, it seems to be a really strong motor and I don't feel like messing with EFI at this point.

OP
OP
dclack

dclack

Engine Runs!

I dropped a battery in the truck and it started right up after sitting for 2 years! So prices on the engine are FIRM! With the engine running, you can see the crack behind the water pump, I believe it is the timing cover. You can come hear it run before I pull the tranmission.

OP
OP
dclack

dclack

Engine is still available. I should have it pulled tonight and ready to go. I have a video of the engine running that I can email or post up here if anyone is interested.

Also, I discovered that the engine has a factory installed block heater. :cool:

OP
OP
dclack

dclack

Needs To Go!

So I really want my garage back and this needs to go! The engine lift tipped over when I pulled it and as you can see below, a piece broke off the block. It could be easily welded back together if someone wants it. I'm pulling the front serpentine setup for myself but the rest is up for grabs (whole or pieces). I'll entertain any offers.

P4200277.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.