• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1990 bronco motor? Good swap?

jdubya

I can pick up a 90/91 bronco for about 300$. It is a running driving (sort of) vehicle.

I have read many posts here about a fuel injection swap. This setup from the bronco does not sound desirable though. I thought the E4od would be a good swap for the highway but it is too long. Would this be too much work to get this ready for my 77? Maybe use another tranny instead of the E4od. I'll do some more reasearch here, but just thought I would ask the question.

Keep in mind that I can get about 200$ for the shell of the bronco once I pull the motor and tranny by taking it to the scrap yard. This means I will be getting the motor and tranny for about 100$, which makes this a very desirable purchase.

thanks for the help

Desert Thrasher

Bronco Guru
For the price it is a good deal. Is it a 302 or 351w? Either way you will need atleast a different upper intake. It will be speed density efi, which will work if kept stock.
You can do what I am doing, took the 5.8 out of a 1990 bronco and pieced together everything else to convert to mass air efi. I also bought the RJM efi harness to make it much simpler.