• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2.5 inch suspension lift 35' tires

Bustter4

I have a wild horse 2.5 suspension lift with 33 inch pro comp tires. Has anyone ever fit 35s. To me it looks like they just might fit. May need to trim a little on the front. The 33 has plenty of room

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I have a wild horse 2.5 suspension lift with 33 inch pro comp tires. Has anyone ever fit 35s. To me it looks like they just might fit. May need to trim a little on the front. The 33 has plenty of room

I say go 35's and trim a little.
You could also get a WH 1" body lift/bushing kit for a hundred bucks. Love mine.
I have 2.5" sl and 1" bl. Presently running 33's but could easily run 35's. I have already really trimmed my fenders pretty aggressively though.

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
I have a WH 2 1/2" suspension and 2" BL, with 35s. Would love to go 37", but know I need to bump up the suspension a little.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
While they may fit you will rub on the rear inner fenders when you flex or hit a bump with only a 2.5in lift. 33in tires may rub at full flex but that can usually be fixed by bending the inner fender lip. but adding another 1in or so of tire and you'll hit for sure. Of course you could always install tall bumpstops so the tires dont get into the body.

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
By using the concept in this video I think you can see they will fit no problem with flares that will allow for the needed clearance. Off-road is a different story but many Broncos will simply never see the flex factor so you may not have to worry about that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFryCoV1Eac

You need to factor in how you intend to use the Bronco after the tire install. Properly set up bump stops and limiting straps can control tire rub. Most tire rub can be handled with a good sawzail, torch or grinder;D.

Jim

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
My 33" tires with 8" rims on a 2.5 inch lift rub when twisted. I have warflairs front and rear and I don't rub them. The tires will rub on the beams in the front, the rear of the front wheel well where its welded to the side panel need to be cut back to where the wheel well is spot welded other wise you have a knife edge ready to slice through the tire at full stuff. The rear wheel well will rub in the front of the inner wheel well that's OK as long as you fold the side lip out so it doesn't slice the tire. I also rub the top outer edge of the inner wheel well but it does no damage as that area is smooth. As said above new limited bump stops could keep everything from rubbing. This is with 33" tires with 35" they will fit but rub sooner. 10 inch rims would make it worse. If I really wanted to go to 35" tires and keep the 2.5" lift I would relocate the rear axle back an inch. This would require a relocation block for the spring perch and probably a new extended driveshaft. Since most people already stretch the stock drive shaft for the 2.5' lift.