• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2" Body Lift = 2" Gas Tank Lift (Easy Mod)

KennyB

Loc.
Simi Valley
OK, So, I Decided to Follow mavereq"s Idea, and move my Rear End back an inch, and While plotting my exhaust around my 4 link, I thought how easy it would be to lift the Rear Tank 2". I looked around, Opps, the Sending Unit... Ok, a Scrap of 4"X4" Angle Iron would clear a path for that,... Woops, Getting thin on the Cross Member,... Beef'd that up a bit....

What Else,... Brackets.... OK, Front Brackets? Just Drill and Tap 2" higher for the 5/16" bolts... Home Depot for $9 sells the 5/16" Tap, and Drill bit together.... how cool is that?

Rear Brackets,... They're Angled....and 2" above them, there's no frame to drill & tap. The way they mount is Angled.... So, I transfered that angle to My bench, Layed the Bracket on the line, and Squared up 2" on each hole.. Transfered those lines to some 1/8"X2" Bar Stock, Cut, Grind, Drill, Weld, Grind,... And There ya go...

HEY, Dont Forget, you have to shorten and ReBend the Bottom Strap....

Big Plus,... I don't have to Cut my Gas line, and add a section of hose..

Also, for new Isolater on the Brackets... Stop by a Good Motocross shop, get an innertube from the trash, cut to shape, and use My Favorite: GOOP

Attachments

• g4.jpg
    g4.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 49
  • g1.jpg
    g1.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 44
  • g2.jpg
    g2.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 41
  • g3.jpg
    g3.jpg