• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

250 6 Cyl, D20, C4, OD

kurtboyd

Contributor
Loc.
Cave Creek, AZ
IMAG0062.jpg

equals = very short driveline

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Defintely not the best for ujoint life. Hopefully the axle gearing is low enough or tires small enough to even use the OD. That 250 wont like it much might not even be useable as the 250 is no real power house. Just a little more torque than a 200.

OP
OP
kurtboyd

kurtboyd

Contributor
Loc.
Cave Creek, AZ
Defintely not the best for ujoint life. Hopefully the axle gearing is low enough or tires small enough to even use the OD. That 250 wont like it much might not even be useable as the 250 is no real power house. Just a little more torque than a 200.

You would be surprised. My father put that motor in when I was 9 years old. At age 39, I'm just getting ready to pull it. I have pics of that bronco going through all kinds of sh*t. It was my parent's daily driver for many years. He usually ran 35s on it. Towed our travel trailer all over the place. Has a D44 rear end out of an International Scout with 4:10 gears. OD worked awesome.

Ohio Bronco 21

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cleveland
Whats your 250 out of? Mine is from a 77 maverick.
Its a real tough little engine. Im running 4.11 axle gears with 30 inch tires, the Bronco will be pretty light (as Broncos go) stock....ish bumpers and soft top, hollow door shells or door inserts, soft top.
Any pics from the front?

Attachments

• ef1.jpg
    ef1.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 21
OP
OP
kurtboyd

kurtboyd

Contributor
Loc.
Cave Creek, AZ
What is that OD out of .. How does it work..

It's out of a 57 Chev. It engages manually, meaning that if you are driving on the highway and want to use OD you must engage it. Once engaged, it works similarly to any OD system. It has an electric solenoid that allows you to engage and disengage the OD (if you have manually selected OD) with the gas pedal as you drive.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
You would be surprised. My father put that motor in when I was 9 years old. At age 39, I'm just getting ready to pull it. I have pics of that bronco going through all kinds of sh*t. It was my parent's daily driver for many years. He usually ran 35s on it. Towed our travel trailer all over the place. Has a D44 rear end out of an International Scout with 4:10 gears. OD worked awesome.

Yes I would be suprised 35in tires 4.10 gears and OD not really going to happen even with a 302.
While I dont doubt it drove through all kinds of stuff. After all its a bronco I dont see it going down the hiway well with that combo. Much less towing anything. But hey if it does then good for you.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Odd when I looked at that last night I thought it looked like one out of the 55/57. Yes I had one of those also..
...Does it just bolt to the T/C. or does it spline up.