• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

3 Generation Love Affair

clarrance

Bronco Guru
My daughter just turned 15. She has been wanting a Bronco for a couple years now. I found a nice one owner original last year and we have been getting it road ready for her. Now my son who is 17 hasn't showed a lot of interest in the Broncos until yesterday. I let him take my Black one to town yesterday by himself and now he's hooked.

So this got me to thinking. This is now a 3 generation love affair for my family and the Early Bronco. I wondered how many others out there have been involved with the Bronco since the beginning? Here are just a few of many pictures of my family affair with the EB.

That's me on the fender with my Dad and his 66 Sunoco shop truck

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 106
OP
OP
clarrance

clarrance

Bronco Guru
Me next to my Dad's 68 plow truck

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 70
OP
OP
clarrance

clarrance

Bronco Guru
My Dad, my son, and myself a few years ago

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 131
OP
OP
clarrance

clarrance

Bronco Guru
My wife and kids messing around in an old beater bronco

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 118
OP
OP
clarrance

clarrance

Bronco Guru
My daughters first vehicle

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 98

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Mine only started young when I got to see and ride in 2 of my uncle's broncos.. Loved rolling around in that thing at deer camp...

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Clarrance, where is the low mile '76 at now? Love the story on that ride.

OP
OP
clarrance

clarrance

Bronco Guru
Clarrance, where is the low mile '76 at now? Love the story on that ride.

The last i knew it was located on the largest privately owned ranch in the United States. The ranch property covered parts of WY & MT. Switchback Ranch was originally owned by Ford Motor Co. The person I sold it to who owned the ranch at the time was replacing all of the original Ford equipment and vehicles with period correct original low mileage vehicles to keep the ranch just like it was when Ford owned it. Since then I heard the owner got into a bunch of trouble running a Ponzi scheme or something, and the ranch was sold off and split up into smaller ranches. I have no idea what happen to the Bronco after that. Hopefully it is stuck in the back corner of a barn so that it can be unearthed again someday.

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Switchback Ranch is down the road from me. I never knew it was originally owned by FoMoCo, or that it has been split-up. It's stunning land though.

OP
OP
clarrance

clarrance

Bronco Guru
Switchback Ranch is down the road from me. I never knew it was originally owned by FoMoCo, or that it has been split-up. It's stunning land though.

I'm not really sure how it was split up, but now each section of the Ranch is named differently than it was before the person got into all the trouble. Each entity seems to have changed their name to something different. The name Switchback is still involved somehow or anoher with each division.

Now go snoop around in those barns and see if you can find the lowest mileage Bronco know to exist. When i sold it, it had a grand total of 1779 miles on it.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Our 74 Ranger (unrestored original with less than 70 K miles total) was purchased new by my wife's grandmother. Her mother owned it after Granny passed then we bought it. It is now promised to my daughter. We now have a granddaughter. We're hoping to get 5 or more generations with this one! ;D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 44

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Love to read stories like this!

Chad - the red one with the low miles is the one that plowed snow at the shopping mall or somesuch from years back, correct?

Todd Z.

ZOSO

My 74 ranger. My grandpa bought it in the late 70's. My dad bought it in 92. I bought it in 2014.

current

my 2 sisters and myself

Uncle(on atv) dad and myself

Pa and me(top of head in passenger seat)

OP
OP
clarrance

clarrance

Bronco Guru
I drove that '76 when Chad (Clarrance) had it.... What a truck....I only got to put 1/2 mile on her:)

Blue71

Then I made him back it up the road a 1/2 mile, so total you got to drive it 1 mile. LOL

OP
OP
clarrance

clarrance

Bronco Guru
Awsome, I wish I had my one of my Dad's Broncos.

My 74 ranger. My grandpa bought it in the late 70's. My dad bought it in 92. I bought it in 2014.

current

my 2 sisters and myself

Uncle(on atv) dad and myself

Pa and me(top of head in passenger seat)