• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

3 point seat belt install: help

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Well I plunked down some cash for some new 3 point seat belts, only to discover they are not quite long enough due to my size and more importantly the design on the rollbar center hoop. This is a complete offroad cage and the center hoop leg is kicked back a good bit to allow better entry into the back seat. Problem is that I have around 11" between the front of the bar and the front of my seat. (see picture)

So I am looking for some ideas to fixe the problem? I am thinking about finding someone to bend me some small tube in a U shape and then welding it on the front of the center bar and behind the seat to bring the belt up closer to the seat. Comments of other ideas appreciated!

Ben

Attachments

• IMG_0038.jpg
    IMG_0038.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0039.jpg
    IMG_0039.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 110

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I would agree with that, make like a C coming off that B pillar to mount your belt to. That B pillar is waaay back there.

It would work as a grab handle for people getting in the back too.

OP
OP
bigmuddy

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
kinda thinking about something like this, without the misc mounting hardware. (moabmikes tie into frame kit)

But damn, thats a 100 bucks :cry:

I don't know of anyone local can bend tube. may have to find a race shop thats willing to do it?

Ben

Attachments

• F386749.jpg
    F386749.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 24
OP
OP
bigmuddy

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Good point on the handle TITO, hadn't thought about that angle. My cage is 2" DOM, do you think 1' would be to small? or should it be 1.5"?

Ben

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I would do at least 1.5 since the bolt and bung for the belt is at least half inch.

There has got to be someone around that can bend that for you, heck the toyota shock hoops would be cheaper than that.

Call up MoabMike and see if he will just do the tubes for you, I am sure he will cut you a break.

OP
OP
bigmuddy

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Hey thats sweet! If I can't find anyone tomorrow, I may just order the toyota shock hoop and go that direction. I will be out of town after friday and won't have a chance to mess with it anyway for awhile.

Ben

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
I can bend you up some U-hoops Ben. Shoot me a PM with a decent description and I'll take care of you.

That being said, I'd be looking at something different, like some 3 or 4 point autocross belts. These are what I run:

black4ptbolt.jpg

With something like these to mount the belt ends themselves:

aa-421-a.jpg

Joe

OP
OP
bigmuddy

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Joe, I am going to check around locally tomorrow. If I come up short I will be giving you a shout! Thanks for the offer.

Talk to you tomorrow.

Ben