• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

300 inline 6

collinsbronco

Loc.
NW Arkansas
Hi, I just read about the inline 6 motor swap in Bronco Driver. Anybody else ever done this swap? I have a 77 with a tired 302 and was looking at this as an option or is cheaper to build a 302/351? Thanks

agent_orange_71

Loc.
Bluefield, WV
Its been done, I have alot of info on it as I seriously considered it for a while. It would probably be cheaper to rebuild the 302 and for the fab work itll take it would just be easier to go with a 351w. If you want the writeup I have on it, PM me your email and Ill send it to you.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
i have a friend who has one. for the amount of work involved, rebuild your 302 or step up to a 351 as mentioned.
he went form a 170 to his 300, still should have put a 302 in imop.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
While the 300 is a torque monster I'd keep the 302 its much cheaper to rebuild what you have then start with something totally different that may need a rebuild before installing. If you had a 170 or 200 I could see it but not with a V8 already residing under the hood

bluebroncodrive

may not be the same, but i had 2 1995 F150 one with a 300 ci and the other with a 302ci both autos. The 302 was way better on power and gas mileage, it seemed 300 had no get up and go, on the freeway you have to push had on the gas padel to get it to go 75mph ( I think thats why the poor mileage)
the 302 loved to go (but if you can go with a 351) just my 2 cents :eek:

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
;D ;D ;D If you are going to build I would find a 351W and build it when your done then swap them out. That way your bronco will be down only one day and you will have a fun torquie motor good luck. :D :D :D Bill :cool: %) :p

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
Do the 300!

I have a strong Jasper 302 now, and it's working fine, but it will most likely wind up in my wife's rig, and I'll put a 300 in mine. I'm not looking for a racer, but rather a torquey rig that still has enough HP to keep the wheelspeed up when needed. I dig the 300.

psbronco

Loc.
Ft. Collins CO
I put a '90 efi 300 into my bronco and as mentioned before there is a lot of fab work involed with getting a 300 to fit. I moved the frame engine mounts forward 4 inches and still had to cut the firewall to fit. I did this swap because I already had the complete 300 sitting there, if I would not have had it there and ready I would have done a v-8.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
I am putting a 300 in my bronco. backed with a NP435.
I am starting with a bare frame and the body will be the last thing on so the fit should not be a problem. as for other swaps I just want something different.
I know a 2" body lift is going to help with the fit, so when we get to installing the motor I will post more on it