• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

302 Headers

gpeplau

Hey guys, Im looking to put headers on my 302 in my 75 bronco, but I'm wondering which ones to go with. I have about 4 sets from a ford fairlane, but I don't think they will work because of the narrow frame rails. Im putting an NV3550 in the bronco and was wondering if the headers would interfere with that. The ones on the TBP website says that it will require modification. Im really looking for something that isn't going to require me heating and hitting my new headers with a hammer to make them fit. That's some Roadkill kind of technique. Thanks in advance guys!

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
I installed Hedman headers on my 302 with a 3550 trans and perfect fit,no cutting,no bending,just right,although there isn't a ton of room,everything fits ok and I can still get to stuff to work on it. :cool:

Dlish

How deep are your pockets? The BC Broncos headers are works of art. I recall they have a fit chart on their site too that shows what motor/trans combos work.

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
X2 on the Hedmans. Mine are 5-6 years old and I drive in snow and salt and crap and they pretty good still. I had to modify them when I put my 4R70W in.

vintage bronco

I have Brand New set of WH Ceramic coated shorties PT# 8006 to sell if interested. they are a super nice looking header and I can save you a few dollars.

muskrat

Bronco Guru
How deep are your pockets? The BC Broncos headers are works of art. I recall they have a fit chart on their site too that shows what motor/trans combos work.

I love my BC Headers. Really cut down the heat coming through the floor.

Action

Hedmans

I have had Hedmans for over 25 years.Just now cut the ends off and went to a turbo style clamp....Really happy I did. Headers are still in good shape after all this time.
Jack

OP
OP
gpeplau

gpeplau

Action

P heads

P heads will always be the problem..................
Jack

toddsrods

I used fox body mustang 5.0 headers. $100 on ebay for ceramic coated units. fit decent, just had to get a little creative on the drivers pipe at the muffler shop.