• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

302 running like crap

cvbfireman

so when i first got the thing it was pretty peppy im not to concerned cuz my 351 is being built all crazy..

but its blowing smoke out the oil cap and seems like theres a loss of power. i dont really know how to troubleshoot these old engine but if it were a diesel now that would be a different story

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
I'd probably look at the igintion timing. Older engines will have blow by that comes out of the breather usaully just a sign that the engine is worn if its really bad it could mean that bigger issues are at hand. like broke rings or holes in the pistons. but at that point you will usually have a good deal of smoke out the exhuastand possibly it would run rough.

OP
OP
C

cvbfireman

thanks ill check the timing... ive been pretty rough on it lately since im having the 351 built