• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

31x10.5 tire on uncut stock suspension

stokers

Loc.
Lexington, KY
Please forgive me if this question has been answered before but I searched and could not find a definite answer. I just bought a '69 Bronco from a second owner and it has no modifications on it what so ever except an upgraded radio (but also have the original AM radio, very cool). So the fenders have not been cut out and it has the original steel 15x7 wheels. I would like to know if I mount a 31x10.5 tire on those wheels will it fit without a suspension lift? I kinda don't want to cut the fenders up as the truck has no rust and is very solid. I would consider a 2.5 lift if necessary but again if I don't need it why do it? Thanks in advance. I'm happy I found this website as it has a bunch of great info for someone like me who has never owned an older Bronco.

76 bronco J

Bronco Guru
>>>>>>>>> I don't think the stock steel rims were 7"s wide, more like 5.5"s I believe.... 30x9.50's are perfect for stock height & stock size bumpstops .... not sure of the backspacing, but my rims are factory ford 15x6's......
P5111386-small.JPG

Last edited:

tinytim02

Contributor
Take a look at this link, he's got some pretty good info on what will work.

Tim

76 bronco J

Bronco Guru
Take a look at this link, he's got some pretty good info on what will work.

Tim

>>>>> the info on that page that says stock broncos came from the factory with 15x7" rims is wrong..... no mention of 30x9.50's also on that page ,but they are rub free at stock height

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
Does anyone know the answer to this? The link someone posted above no longer works.

Common wisdom seems to be 30x9.5s will fit just fine on OEM wheels with uncut stock suspection.

How about a definitive answer fore 31x10.5s?

Thanks!

Larry B

Loc.
Medford
I am running 31`x 10.5 on a stock un cut with wheels from a mid 90 Bronco. I had to roll the lip on the rear fenders. no real problem with that. They rub at times. I had these tires on a blazer and was new so I put them on the Bronco to wear them out. They are too big in my openion and will be replaced smaller when the time comes.

Gray035

Loc.
Encinitas, CA
I have a 69 running on stock suspension with 31 x 10.5 r15 tires. If I hit any type of bump when the wheel is turned they rub the front bottom edge of the front fender. Other than that, mine run okay. My rear fenders are cut, so no rubbing back there.

bmbm

There is a thread on here, show off your luber or something like that. A member on there has 31's on his stock suspension uncut stock wheel Bronco. Contact him for info.

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
I'm running 31x10.5 on wagon wheels. Its fine in the front, but no way it would fit with the wagon wheels and uncut rear.

The 31's should fit with the right wheel.

eb-nutt1

My dad runs a 69 half-cab un-cut with 31x10.5 with new stock height suspension and has no problems at all. I do think his is mounted on car wheels that are 15x6 though. Wheels it during hunting season on rough logging roads and has no problems. Tires are buckshot radials.

Brian