• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

31x12.5?

Willie

Loc.
Austin Texas
I searched the threads before writing this, and because there were no posts, I thought I'd see what folks think of this size tire, or if anyone is running them. I dont know anyone around here that is running them on any vehicle. I got the OK from the wife for new rims and tires (reasonable priced of course) and am looking at all variations. My Bronco is dialed in with 31's and runs good. My first choice is 32x11.5 on my old 8 inch rims. Just studying my options.

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
I have also batted around that size seeing I will most likely stay with 31" tires. The only thing that I dont really care for right now is how they are recessed under the body. I like the rubber to atleast come up to the edge of the flare. I also realize that Ford designed the rear axle a little shorter due to the style of the low cut rear quarter.

It seems that the only type of tire offered in that size is a swamper tire.

325/60R 15 = 31 X 12.50 X 15

Attachments

• Img_0158a.jpg
    Img_0158a.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Willie

Loc.
Austin Texas
<It seems that the only type of tire offered in that size is a swamper tire.>

I was looking at the 4wheel parts web sight and noticed that B F Goodrich makes a
31x12.5 in a A/T. Thats what got me thinking about that size. I have the 31x10.5
on there right now and have had no problems. Like to stay with the BFG's.

Cooter_76

Seems like an awfully wide tire to run on an uncut EB, even with the 3.5" lift. Does this mean you're finally going to cut it? :eek:

4xfloored

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Bernardino
Willie said:
<It seems that the only type of tire offered in that size is a swamper tire.>

I was looking at the 4wheel parts web sight and noticed that B F Goodrich makes a
31x12.5 in a A/T. Thats what got me thinking about that size. I have the 31x10.5
on there right now and have had no problems. Like to stay with the BFG's.

They also list the as a bfg m/t also .... :cool: 31/12.50/15

Scott M

Loc.
Baltimore
i ran a 31x12.5

a few years back. think it was a yokohama superdigger. I know MT used to make those extra wide f-ers too. on 8" steel rims.

had a 3.5" lift, but fenders were cut. tons of room

one thing was that those wider tires wandered all over on roads that were dished from traffic (so, sincei had the room, i just went ahead and put on 35s) . w/ the 31x10.5 i didn't have hardly any of that. wandering.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
i run 31-12.50 pro comp all terrains on my rig right now. i had x-terrains, but the wore lousy and got really loud. i had them on my truck with no lift and 15x10 rims with no problems. i'm cut on all 4 corners though. they fit better on 10" rims. i now have a 2.5" lift and i still like the way they look. they run about $125.00 each, and sometimes 4 wheel parts runs a buy 3 get 1 free special.

bfg has them also, but they're listed as 325/60r15's. also you might lok at the swamper trxus-sts, they have a 31-11.50 for about $117.00 each.

Bronco Wild

Loc.
Nubraska
BF Goodrich Mud Terrain-325/60r15. I have them and they are 31 X 13. I know the math guys can't figure it out but that is what they are and all of the local tire shops had them advertised (31 X 13) They are all of 13 inches wide. I had them sitting next to 33 X 12.50's and they are much wider to the eye. The cost runs average $176 per tire due to the demand of the new breed. I have a set brand new in my garage I will sell for $400 plus shipping.