• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

35"

Mr. Lav

Ok have a question I have a 69 bronco no body lift or suspension lift. The question is could I fit 35 under it. The fenders and quarter are already cut. I can get a killer deal on them. Planning on a lift next summer. Thanks Alex

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
Measuring-tape.jpg

Try this.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sure, if you lay them flat on the ground under it.

Here's a stock Bronco with 33's. Add an inch to the top of those and Judge for yourself. They'll fit, until you hit a bump or dip in the road, or you want to make a turn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFryCoV1Eac

DJs74

Bronco Guru
No, too much tire for stock suspension.

Probably 32" tires would be a max for stock suspension and depending on the wheel size, you could still get some rubbing

DJs74

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
If the deal is too good to pass up, store them until you get your lift.

RT

Bronco Guru
Hell,,, get 'em and stop by the cutoff wheel and sawzall store on the way home. I had to cut , hammer and fold the inner fenders ( a lot ) and ran 35" BFG all terrains for the first couple years. I loved the look. Life's too short.

But if you're not a hack at heart this may be displeasing to you ;D hah!

or just buy 'em and store 'em till you get the springs 'n junk. I stored my first set of 37's for a year till I found a deal on rims and wore out my 35's a little more. Drove me nuts
Have fun Alex

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
As RT said it just depends on how much you want to cut, I have 37's with theoretically no lift, but no inner fenders, no flairs and nothing else under there for a bronco. It can be done but the cut off wheels, sawsall and personal creativity are going to get a major workout, its not for the faint of heart. As others have stated, pick them up and store them (just not too long they do age out and get unsafe for road use).

DJs74

Bronco Guru
One other point not addressed yet... turning them! Assuming the the engine is stock like the suspension, turning 35" tires requires some gearing and/or some engine work. Yeah, they'll look great and I agree with the others - never turn down a good deal on 35" tires but beware... even if they fit, it'll be a slug with 35s and a stock motor / high gears (3.50 or higher).

DJs74

Doyle

Bronco Guru
Yes it can be done with enough mods to the body, Warflares at body line, wheel tubs stretched, etc....
Resize_of_2006-06-20_034.JPG

Ran this way for almost three years then did a 3.5" suspension for more articulation, currently running 14.50 x 37s.

RT

Bronco Guru
Looks a hell of a lot better than mine did. You fancy guys counting more than once and probably only cutting once on lines 'n junk.

Probably no Tequila involved either, hah! :)

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
Yes it can be done with enough mods to the body, Warflares at body line, wheel tubs stretched, etc....
Resize_of_2006-06-20_034.JPG

Ran this way for almost three years then did a 3.5" suspension for more articulation, currently running 14.50 x 37s.

Looks great. I like the low, big tired functional look a lot. You got any details on how you boatsided yours and added the side rails?

Doyle

Bronco Guru
I cut the outer rocker off at the bottom of the small step behind the door bottom. Cut fender, quarter, door post and door jam to match. Welded 2" x 6" box tubing to jam and post. Then cut off inner rocker at middle of box tubing and welded full length. Also welded bottom of small step to box tubing. Really stiffened up the body. Lastly cut box tubing ends to match angle of flares and capped. I think there are a couple of pics in my gallery.