• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

351 one help please

DuramaxC10

well o narrowed it down to a 351 based motor in my bronco what all do i have to change to put in place where a 302 went

Dan74Bronc

Loc.
Chandler, Az
Not much really. the exhaust needs to be extended right where it meets the manifolds about 1.5 inches because of the taller deck height. the alt and ps pump brackets need adapters that all the venders sell for pretty cheap and thats all I can think of right now.

When I put my 351 in I just cut the exhaust pipe and added in about 2" just off the manifold. If you"re running headers then just bend and tweak the pipe as needed. The alt and ps pump brackets I ordered from Wild Horses and was pleased they worked as advertised. The low end grunt of a 351 vs a 302 is well worth the effort.

cvbfireman

im getting ready for the install in the next week or so ill let you know my experience... if your looking for a engine i have one sitting in the garage

stock1970

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, Kansas
You may have some hood clearance issues, if so you can put a body lift on or a hood scoop. If you do the body lift then you may need a linkage bracket for a c4, and a few other things..

OP
OP
DuramaxC10

DuramaxC10

i am going to do a 385 with efi and aod i have a wildhorese scooped hood wiill it clear