• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

WA 351W For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
SOLD

1970 351W runs great - $400

This is the strongest year Windsor block ('69 & '70) ever made. Heavier and higher nickel content

I built this engine and it's been in my Bronco since day one. 165# compression last time we checked last year. 40# plus oil pressure at idle
Heads have hardened exhaust seats.
Comp Cams 260H grind... thing runs really well. Definitely not new, but ask anybody that's ridden in it or behind it ... it starts, idles, runs, perfect all the time for me.

I can supply various levels of completeness since I am keeping the ceramic coated headers, front dress, carb, etc. Call about what you need as I can supply carb, etc. The custom stuff I have on it I have to keep since it's modified for my engine compartment.

I can sell "almost" complete or whatever.

It is still in my rig so you can "hear" it run.

Last edited:
OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Really? Not one looker? : )

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
Well, probably because you're not in Joliet, IL LOL.

Plus, most guys are after the late model roller blocks with the one piece rear main seal.

apathy

Loc.
West Linn
351w

I'd love to have it, but it would probably cost me a couple hundred bucks to pick it up and haul it home. You might do better on CraigsList. The cheapest 351W I've seen locally was asking $350, so your price isn't the problem. Best of luck;D

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Heck, I'd meet ya in Portland... : )

BTW, this doesn't leak a drop. Out of all the SBF, 2 pc seal engines I've built I've never had one leak... ever. I'm hoping the one pc seal strrroker block I'm building now won't...

Thanks!

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
The biggest selling point is someone can come hear it run and take it for a ride. Like I said, it would be sold if I could do that locally. I might even have it installed before the wife comes home LOL.

I could see it now...Wife...why won't the hood close. Me...well, you're not going to believe this but the engine grew 49 cubes over night LOL.

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
351w

Good point, I'll be sure to take some more video of it running, checking the compression, etc...

BTW, I made this 351W fit under the hood w/o a body lift and with an Edelbrock Performer manifold.

+49 cubes and the hood still shuts...no visible proof!!! :)

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Will you deliver to the Back Hills of South Dakota :) did you see I'm having a "unevent" up here this summer and sorry for the high jack.

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Can't have any fun w/o high-jacking a thread once in a while. : )

Next summer I might be able to deliver!

apathy

Loc.
West Linn
Now I'm starting to feel bad for you. Tell me more about what's been done to it. Did you simply change the cam and have the stock heads re-worked, or was it a complete build? If so, when was it built, who built it, estimated mileage, was it balanced and blue-printed? Stock internals, other than the cam? Any head work, other than the exhaust seats? Stock pistons, or has it been bored? If so, how much over (+.030, +.060)?

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Stock build 'cept cam.

Still 55-60 lbs oil psi at idle, hot it's 42#

Starts/purrs/runs literally perfect... compr. last check was 160# w/Snap On gauge

Just made a local buddy a deal and it's his till we rebuild his stroker he detonated last month. Another buddy literally grenaded his HP 289 last month also... bad month for EB engines here!

I literally had 3 contacts made last night on people wanting it... : ) I'll sell it when my buddy doesn't need it anymore.

Thanks for the interest and the free "bumps".

Status
Not open for further replies.