• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

36" Iroks and 3.5" JD Sus +2" Body

z70what

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Johnson City
I am currently running a James Duff 3.5" Monster Suspension and 2" body lift with JBG cut out flares... I had originally planned on running 35" Mtr's, and that would not have been a problem... Now, i've been thinking about buying the Super Swamper Irok 36x13.5x15's on my 74 bronc... I've heard they measure around 36.8" tall and i was wondering if i'd have any issues w/ this?? Anyone running this setup w/ these tires?? Can you shoot some pics and post em up?? Thanks again guys..

Luke

Kaw-Liga

Loc.
Palm Coast, FL
I've got 5.5 suspension lift with those bias ply Iroks....like the tires good enough, and the fit is great, really looks good, I don't rub-a tad on the radius arms when compressed, but not bad at all. You should be happy with the combo.

Rob

OP
OP
z70what

z70what

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Johnson City
i have James duff's radius arms too.. hopefully they won't rub since they are bent slightly??

Luke

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
z70what said:
i have James duff's radius arms too.. hopefully they won't rub since they are bent slightly??
Luke

I was just speaking with Mike at J&M Offroad and he runs a 5.5" CAGE lift with the long arms and the 36" IROK's...no rubbing. He says he has about an inch all around when stuffed. Obviously, bump stops and how hard you flex it will have an effect on it but it's definitely doable without taking a major axe to the body.

jsander

Loc.
Under your Bronco
I'm running JD's 3.5" suspension lift, extended radius arms and a 3" body lift with the Irok 36 x 12.5 x 15. I am not having any problems wth rubbing anywhere. I've only had these tires on the rocks, during the summer, and they did great. Good luck.

Craig T

Loc.
Westlake Village
I have a BC Broncos 3 1/2" lift (soft "rock crawler" coils and springs), a 2" body lift, Cage arms, with bias IROK 36"x13.50's. I have Tom's Bushwacker Flares cut 1.5" below the body line. I only rub the trailing edge of the front flare at full articulation. I also rub slightly on the inner fenderwell. I rolled the seams in the fender wells and it doesn't appear to harm the tire. Again, that's only under extreme articulation.

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
Where you'll run into rubbing, is that the tires are larger than the wheelwell. My 38x12.50's measure very similar to the 36x13.5 IROK, and they catch the leading and trailing edges of the wheelwells (front and rear)

Bumpstops will limit your travel, and keep this from happening, but as low as my rig sits, I want all the uptravel I can get. I'm widening the wheelwells in the rear, and removing the front ones. I'll put in new bumpstops when they've got more room to move.