• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

3spd and auto column shifter

Mrjgp

Is it the same rod into the column? Going back to column from the floor can’t find a shifter that goes into the column hole. Also does it just screw in?

KeithKinPhx

A little confused by your original post. You still have your stock 3 spd on the column steering column but someone removed the linkage?

OP
OP
Mrjgp

Mrjgp

It’s an auto somebody moved it to the floor I want to put it back on the column. Just confused if the 3 on the tree handle is the same in both manual and auto.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
No, auto and manual are different which is why they probably used the floor option for the auto.

OP
OP
Mrjgp

Mrjgp

Thanks for clarifying. I’m having a hard time finding one. The vendors don’t seem to have that part though they sell the indictors, linkage rod even the knob at ththe end of the shift handle.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
The three on the tree handle has a ball at the end. Auto has a much more complex machined end. Neither are made aftermarket. I've gotten lucky and found two loose auto levers here in the classifieds over the years. Generally for sale in lots of parts from guys cleaning out the garage and have no idea what the arm goes to.

rmk57

Is the lever unique to Bronco or could one be sourced out from a regular ford product like a pickup, Maverick, Fairlane, etc. ?

OP
OP
Mrjgp

Mrjgp

2q2hjc0.jpg
This one?