• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

4 bolt balancer with Explorer serp.

bronco-billy-66

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madison Mississippi
I'm kinda mulling over the parts I need to collect to do the explorer serp swap.
I see on Driven auto's site that there crank pulley only fits 3 bolt balancers.. Mine, of coarse, is a 4 bolt.. Is there any reason I cant drill 4 holes in it and bolt it right up?? There must be something I'm missing... Thanks, Billy

SDlivin

Loc.
San Diego
OR just get the integrated damper/pulley from the explorer you are taking the parts from, send it to Damperdudes to get rebalanced and rebuilt and your good to go.

OP
OP
bronco-billy-66

bronco-billy-66

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madison Mississippi
OR just get the integrated damper/pulley from the explorer you are taking the parts from, send it to Damperdudes to get rebalanced and rebuilt and your good to go.

Looks like this may be the easiest/cheapest way out.. I called Driven Auto today, Pulley cant be drilled to 4 bolt pattern.. pulley is the wrong height for that balancer:(