• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

4 wheel disc brakes

mustangdave357

Hello, I have a 69 bronco with a 77 dana 44 disc brake setup in the front. I am thinking about converting to rear disc brakes because I already have the rear disc brake conversion kit on my ford mustang with a 9" and I am not driving the car anymore. Do I need to have the rotors redrilled for the larger bolt pattern or is there a rotor that exists that will fit this application,

and what master cylinder would I have to use. The mustang I have now uses a master cylinder from a svo mustang that had factory 4 wheel disc brakes. The bore of the master cylinder is 1 1/8 and the disc/drum unit has a 1" bore. I am guessing the bigger bore pushes more fluid needed for the discs. Do you think this would work?

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
Your going down the right path. I would use the Jeep or Lincoln rotors for the rear conversion. The master is right, should work well.
TOFIC

OP
OP
M

mustangdave357

Do Jeep or Lincoln rear rotors have the area inside the rotor for the parking brake assembly that the explorer uses? It has the internal parking brake/ drum brake setup.

vertex

Loc.
Oregon City
No they do not have the room. You have to use the explorer disks if you want to keep the e brake.

jeffdukovac

I have Lincoln disks with CJ rotors and I have an e-brake (mounted in the normal way.

Used a corvette master cylinder with hydrpboost mounted on a vacuum bracket.