• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

4x4x2, explorer serp, astro hydroboost hose routing.

Hank_

Bronco Guru
If someone could either give me a link or tell me how the power steering hoses route so I can make up my lines I would be very thankful. I spent hours yesterday searching the site and could not find the answer for this set up. I don't know which port on the box or hydroboost is high or low press so if you could identify that it would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Henry

Nightstick

Bronco guy
On the steering box, the port closest to the firewall is the LP return, closest to the grille is HP. On the booster, the HP line from the pump should go to port that's on the same side as the return. The opposite side goes to the HP port on the steering box.

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
Here are a couple pics. One of the hydroboost and one of the steering box. I just want to make sure this is correct.

2013-01-13_18-51-53_224.jpg

Gear box looking straight down.

2013-01-13_18-52-14_652.jpg

Hydroboost pic.

Thanks,

Henry

Nightstick

Bronco guy
The fitting on the right in your pic of the box is the HP in. The fitting on the left is the return.

The fitting in the right of the booster in your pic is the HP in, the fitting on the left is the HP going to the box.

Btw, what part number is the return fitting on your box?

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
The fitting on the right in your pic of the box is the HP in. The fitting on the left is the return.

The fitting in the right of the booster in your pic is the HP in, the fitting on the left is the HP going to the box.

Kevin thanks again for the reply. I will look tomorrow for the fitting part number. I have all that info at my office.

Henry

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru

Just want to clarify this if anyone else used this information. On the booster the fitting on the left is high pressure in from the pump and the fitting on the right is high pressure out to the gear box. I spent 2 days trying to figure out what was wrong with my pump getting hot and no power steering or power brakes. Now the system is working great.

Henry

Nightstick

Bronco guy
Just want to clarify this if anyone else used this information. On the booster the fitting on the left is high pressure in from the pump and the fitting on the right is high pressure out to the gear box. I spent 2 days trying to figure out what was wrong with my pump getting hot and no power steering or power brakes. Now the system is working great.

Henry

You're right, I apologize for giving you the wrong info. I was going off of a pic I had, but I just read my H-Boost thread and I ended up swapping the lines from where they were in the pic. Sorry again

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
You're right, I apologize for giving you the wrong info. I was going off of a pic I had, but I just read my H-Boost thread and I ended up swapping the lines from where they were in the pic. Sorry again

I know it was an accident. I just wanted to clarify the information so if anyone else read this they would have the correct info. I still have a million things to fix on the bronco and I wish they could all be as easy to fix as this one was. Have a great day.

Henry