• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

5.0 Swap - Torque converter and flex plate

Lonestar

Loc.
Austin, TX
I am almost ready to put in my 91 5.0 motor. I am planning on replacing the torque converter and to balance my 5.0 I need a new 50 oz flex plate. <br><br>What is the cheapest ,with quality still in mind, way to go? I have a C4 and since I am also replaving the T converter as well as the flexplate do I have more options? <br>

tonto

Bronco Guru
You might try and find Windsor Fox, I think they have a flex plate for a C-4/5.0 conversion ready to go.

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
I use a TC from a 74 ford that came with a 400 /C4 engine/tranny combo .Use the flexplate that comes with the newer motor ...it has the imbalance that you need and the TC I have mentioned will fit the bolt pattern on the flex plate . You can use your bronco starter when it's all back together .<br><br> Good Luck !