• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

5-1/2" lift kit options

ripper72

Loc.
Lafayette
I have been checking out prices for a complete 5-1/2" lift kit(drop brackets, bushings, entire leaves, shocks, brake extensions.....9 yards). The Wild Horses kit looks great but seems kind of pricey. Bronco Graveyard has one thats cheaper.

Any suggestions or experiences??

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
JBG may have a 5.5 lift thats cheaper, but it may not be the one you want on your truck!! If you buy a 5.5 lift from JBG, believe me, you want their SUPER-Flex springs. The other springs are very firm and the ride will not be worth the money you are spending.

AS with most things, you get what you pay for. JBG has great components and great products, but make sure you buy their SUPER-FLEX springs (they are Deavers, which are arguably the best available). Another member had bought the cheaper springs and was not happy....not all springs are created equal. HTH! Beyond that, you can do a search and see what other members think of WH suspensions vs Duffs vs JBG vs Cage vs toms vs BCBroncos.

John

swa0330

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland,OR
Whatever you do, don't go for the cheapest. You'll hate the ride in the end. Go CAGE all the way if you want an opinion. Best on the market. Rides like a caddy and flexes like bodybuilder on steroids.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
What are you planning to do with it? That really needs to be answerred first since some of the vendors springs work better for certain types of terrain than others. Cage for instance makes a great trail spring because of how well it flexes but on the sand a stiff spring is better suited. For street driving somewhere in the middle works well (Which is where most of the vendor springs fall). In the middle the ride will still be softer on the street for a better ride yet it will not be so soft that there is a lot of extra body roll in the corners. Personally I run the Cage stuff which I am very happy with. It works great on the trails and rocks, is acceptable (to me) on the street, but isn't so hot for the sand. (I get by with it on the sand but if it I did a lot of sand running I would change them) This works well for my purpose since I only get to the sand once a year for a couple of days.

B1

Loc.
anchorage, ak
i have the wild horses 5.5 coils, and love them. they seem to flex pretty good, and the ride is excellent. for the rear, i just flipped the shackle.

OP
OP
ripper72

ripper72

Loc.
Lafayette
I am located in Louisiana so shipping will definetly be a factor. As for useage, it will not be rocks(at least not too often) more mud and trail with occasional street use. Thanks for all the responses.

PsYcHoBrOnCo

Loc.
Fort Worth, Tx
I have invested in a Cage set up, have not been able to test them yet but the quality of the product makes me ;D . I think what ever the cost of shipping, its going to be worth it..Hands Down! Dont cut yourself short. Call Cage, talk to Scott, His oppinion was never (for lack of better words) one sided. There are so many diffrent options. Choose Wisely.:cool:

Salgood

Loc.
Kalispell
I give a thumbs up for my 5.5 Wildhorses kit!!! A lot of welding, but sweet when it is done!

B