• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

5.4 in a Bronco...things that make you go, hmmmm...

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
So the girlfriend totalled her '06 Expedition Limited and wanted it repaired (she's fine, not a scratch)...I'm storing it here until it can be fixed...my first thought as it was being dropped off at the house?? "That 5.4 and trans would be SWEET in the '66 Bronco...Hmmm..."

She didn't think it was so funny...
yqumy5yj.jpg

Last edited:

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
No way I would want a 3V 5.4 in anything unless I was trying to make a spark plug launcher. Those engines are gutless and difficult to work on.

You'd be much better off buying a 2011+ 5.0L wreck and the FRP harness than trying to make that engine work. Or better yet buy the crate 5.0L from Summit Racing.

OP
OP
76MaBronco

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
I was just giving her a good ribbing...she's WAY too attached to this thing to let me cannibalize it. That would be a permanent dog house move...

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
As enticing as those engines are, shoehorning them into the chassis seems like it would be PITA! I don't even wanna think about working on anything. :eek:

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
nice pads and rotors! you can tell from the pics!

dave67fd

Bronco Guru
No way I would want a 3V 5.4 in anything unless I was trying to make a spark plug launcher. Those engines are gutless and difficult to work on.

Although they are a pain to work on, a 06 5.4 isin't a plug launcher. I'm sure the 300hp is what's getting him thinking. Convince the insurance agent that the motors junk, get a new one and keep that one. We'll help you hook it all up.;D