• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

5-speed and twin stick boot

JKrieg70

Loc.
Columbus, GA
Just wanted to give a quick review of the JB Fab shifter boot that fits the transmission and twin sticks. As far as I know this is the best fitting and only shifter boot for all three shifters.

The boot is made of thick synthetic black leather and the trim ring out of heavy gauge stainless. The fit was really good and the install with the supplied self tapping screws was really easy. It goes a long way dressing up the shifter area and help keep a lot of the heat from the engine out of the interior.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6ROWVviUbT4VEpTQWFHQ2MxS3M

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6ROWVviUbT4ZWlSbzROQkF6Zjg

open

Last edited:

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
Nice install! Is that an AX15 or NV3550? Looks like after market shifter for the trans. How do you like it?

Jim

SHX669

Bronco Guru
I like mine it fits well and looks good . I've got an Nv 3550 , B&M shifter and twin sticks.

OP
OP
JKrieg70

JKrieg70

Loc.
Columbus, GA
Nice install! Is that an AX15 or NV3550? Looks like after market shifter for the trans. How do you like it?

Jim

It is a NV3550. I sent my stock shifter to John and he welded the stainless rod on the steel block that mounts to the transmission. That way it matches the twin sticks. It is a good option for those who have a AX or NV transmission and twin sticks. I don't think anyone else offers this combo.

The transmission is great, a huge upgrade from the floppy shifter on the column. 4.56 gears, NV3550, and 33's are a perfect combo for me.

croft75

worked really nice on my install as well, with a CORE short throw shifter tower and Hurst shifter

warthog70

I'm very happy with mine, I couldn't use the frame because my center dash console thing is very close to my shifter. So I made my own frame and I'm very happy with the end result.

EA81578B-131D-4C9C-8BBB-C5CAF777B189_zpsbszndsh4.jpg

F548F912-A3A5-4932-A65C-A8A392141444_zpsm3smzm9h.jpg