• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

$500 Bronco Restoration Begins...

Up North Bronco

Loc.
Roseau
:D Well, After thinking about this project I have decided to dive in Head first and try to go form a worn out rig to a great looking EB as fast as possible. If you guys are interested I'll try to post as we progress along. First let me say that I have a great friend (who owns a hardware store) who just finished restoring a 78 landcruiser and was itching to help in another restoration. I bought it on New Years Day, picked it up on the 6th and drove it a bit over the next couple days and got some good snapshots. Front clip came off Monday, along with hood and core support (doors were off when I bought it). On Tuesday afternoon we hauled it over to another friends house( he owns an auto repair shop and put it on the hoist. Off with the body, then out came the engine and tranny as one unit and that was left there as we headed back to my shop with the chassis and body. It was a train of Bronco guts pulling into my yard. The we removed a few things from the frame and got it ready to start sandblasting. Today he brought out the sandblaster from his rental dept of the store and we sandblasted the top portion and all the suspension hardware we could reach. Tonight we removed the front and rear suspension, front and rear axle came off, and all wiring and brake lines. The frame is now bare and ready to sandblast the underside and then a final once over of both sides. Next we prepped the rear axle and it's also ready for blasting. we ended tonight by fighting with the bolts on the traction bar and a couple others in the front but for the most part it's ready as well. I work half days at the local CarQuest store so I have another good connection there. I mixed up the paint and ordered the epoxy primer for the Axles which hopefully we will be painting tomorrow night. The frame will be going into town friday to be powdercoated by another close friends company that bakes on Camo for Polaris 4-wheeler's and has just gotten into the powdercoat business recently. Oh yea, I almost forgot I callled up the people at BC broncos and order a 2.5' lift kit and also got the ball rolling on ordering my Fiberglass tub and front end.
This is fun...I hope my credit cards and bankroll can keep me going. I will post pics when I get time. They are also being put up on my buddies landcruiser resto site so if anyone likes I can forward you the link.
When it's done it will be a 1975 Bronco Ranger w/Green GLow Metallic paint, Mallote(terracomp) fiberglass body and 2.5" lift fomr BC Broncos. I hope to have enough $$ for goodies like disc brakes but we'll see.

Thanks everyone for all the info I have learned from this site in just the short time that I have been acitve on here. This is by far the best source. Thanks to Jon as well and also his Cal Special site which I love to surf.

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Jckofalltrdes master/none
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
welcome to the board!
sounds like you have it under control, the money part is the hard part for me but you seem to have good connections, and that in itself saves a lot of dough. good luck, and talk to jon about becoming a contributor ($12) that way you can upload pictures of everything along the way. It'll be interesting to see and who knows you could not only learn something but teach us something in the process, and hey, thats what makes this hobby so fun to begin with. ;)
Cheers
Ben

4x4Alaska

Loc.
Wasilla, Alaska
dang man, now that's a good start! I wish I could could hit the ground running like that!..good luck and I second the becoming a contributor..12 bucks is just change and it keeps the site running..