• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

'66 and '67 Jack Strap and Bracket

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Jeff at the Graveyard sent me a perfect reproduction jack strap for the '66 and '67 broncos for inspection. This piece is somewhat hard to find, let alone a nice conditioned one. All I can say is that it is perfect! Just a bit thicker metal but fits nice. Soon to come is the bed bracket too. This is typically spot welded behind the rear fender wheel well passenger side (just in front of the tailgate). Both are available at the Graveyard for $20 each. Great price for replacement for those hard to find original items.

http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-19685-1966-jack-strap-bracket.html

http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-19687-1966-jack-strap-mounting-bracket.html

Attachments

• IMG_4411.jpg
    IMG_4411.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4413.jpg
    IMG_4413.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4414.jpg
    IMG_4414.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 30

got-broncos

Bronco Guru
Cool, I have already bought the originals. I have seen these get big money on ebay.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
wish i had kept the one i cut out of a '66 tub several years ago, could have mounted a bottle jack to it in mine.

Alpo

Loc.
Vallejo, CA
so, am I correct that in 1968 the bracket moved to under the hood mounting on driver inner fender? different style bracket but that is where my oem jack is mounted on my 68.

OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Take a closer look. It still needs some slight modification.

Yes Scott I do see the very slight mods! On the part that hooks into the jack bracket, looks like a little metal left near the strap. And then the inside corners are a hair rounded on the originals. But overall damn good! Especially when others were out there trying to get this made and the metal shops said too complicated because of the up-turned edges for stiffness. So all is good. I did actually bolt the strap and worked without any problems. What I don't understand is that here we are in 2010 with CAD systems and things of the past are considered complicated to make. Is it because they were made with big die presses? The same goes for stamping sheetmetal parts too. Hear alot of complaints that things don't fit like the originals. tim

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
hey Tim, paint it black and you'll be hard pressed to tell a difference!!! You keep it up and we'll have all the repo parts for a 66-67'!!!!;D;D;D

Gas Pig

Bronco Guru
Hey Tim, wow they look great! I'll be needing at least one or two of the them for my projects.

Jeff

PS Last week I got your original back from my metal guy. I'll be shipping yours back this week, seeing I don't have to steal yours since they are being reproduced now. haha just kidding!;D

OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks Ben, Jeff and Justino. Graveyard is responsible for this one! Yea I thought the metals guy Jeff T. has doing these did an awesome job. Can't wait to see the bracket too. When I get that one, I will post more pics. tim

OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
so, am I correct that in 1968 the bracket moved to under the hood mounting on driver inner fender? different style bracket but that is where my oem jack is mounted on my 68.

I believe that is correct unless someone else can chime in and tell a different story.

TheBroncoRanch

Bronco Guru
Yea Tim, Looks good to me. Hard to be perfect when nothing on the 66's were perfect from the start;D I'd roll with one.

Tom