• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

67 Rear seat - Keep or sell?

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Sorry to post basically a what is it worth thread...
I am finishing up my 2 year restoration and wondering what to do with the rear seat?
Rear bench seat from my 67. It has been out of the rig for years, the PO replaced the front seats with aftermarket ones (black). So it doesn't match. (He barely remembered to give it to me when I bought it 2 years ago)

Can't get the 67 style material to recover it? And no one in my Family wants to sit on it anyway. It is not in bad shape... Thinking of buying a fold-and-tumble seat? I know someone posted a link to the company that can repair the arm rest? I am kind of on the fence here on what direction to go...

So what are these things worth these days, I haven't sold a rear bench in many years...

Doug

Attachments

• IMG_20191213_161441179.jpg
    IMG_20191213_161441179.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_20191213_161525901.jpg
    IMG_20191213_161525901.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20191213_161507012.jpg
    IMG_20191213_161507012.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20191213_161450140.jpg
    IMG_20191213_161450140.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 2090.jpg
    2090.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 94

Grinch

Hi Doug,
While you can get the 67 style seat covers for the rear (I just sold one awhile back) I'd sell the 67 rear seat. I sold a 74 rear seat this past summer for $225. Bought a fold / tumble from Tom's for $295 + shipping. It was parchment so matched my fronts. It's a much nicer seat for rear passengers.

I'd think since it's a 67 seat you should get more for it; for someone who wants that frame for a restored 66 or 67.

BTW, Tom's has a close out rear, black fold / tumble on their site currently for $239.

That's my .02. Have a good Holiday.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
TMI sells both foam and upholstery for the rear seat. Just ordered some for my 72. I installed the new type of car seat rings in both my 72 and my trail rig. So I can put my grandkids car seats back there using the new style latches. Their mom even approved and she's way over-protective! ;D

BTW, I'm working on a fold and tumble conversion to a stock rear seat. It looks good on paper - now I just need to build it to see if it works well!

661buster1963

I built a plywood box about 10” tall and bolted the rear seat to and keep it in the shop to take a break once in awhile with cold adult beverage

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
TMI sells both foam and upholstery for the rear seat. Just ordered some for my 72. I installed the new type of car seat rings in both my 72 and my trail rig. So I can put my grandkids car seats back there using the new style latches. Their mom even approved and she's way over-protective! ;D

BTW, I'm working on a fold and tumble conversion to a stock rear seat. It looks good on paper - now I just need to build it to see if it works well!

Let us know how it works out

OP
OP
904Bronco

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Thank you all for the comments...

Really like the Shop bench idea, no place to sit in my shop currently.

No hurry to part with it... But I have been trying to clean up my take off parts section. It seems inexpensive Bronco projects are a thing of the past. I know it is all relative, been around long enough that $1,500 use to buy you something. Now it is $10 - $15,000. No point in keeping parts if the base vehicle is more than you are willing to spend.

1strodeo

Contributor
Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
I convinced a local member to sell me his 66-7 rear bench with Pony covers maybe a year ago. he asked me what I thought it was worth, I said $250-$300 so he let me have it for $275, pretty good condition for its age

I'd sell that one and use a more common one for the man-cave :)

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Dont trash it. Sell it or use it. If you get new covers to match your front and redo the foam I really dont think they are that uncomfortable. The fold and tumble is nice but I found it to bee too low to the floor. The stock seat sits up higher. and has more room underneath to store stuff or put longer items in the back. Recovering the rear seat is easy and dosent cost much I think I paid less than $150 for the rear seat covers and you can now buy new arm rest from most of the vendors.

OP
OP
904Bronco

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Alright I have decided to keep it and restore it, if possible...

First, does anyone make factory correct 67 seat covers with the horizontal pleats? In black? I have looked on line and have not found any yet...

Second, one thread which I have not been able to fine, there was a company listed that could rehab the 67 style arm rests. Anyone help me find it?

Thanks.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Alright I have decided to keep it and restore it, if possible...

First, does anyone make factory correct 67 seat covers with the horizontal pleats? In black? I have looked on line and have not found any yet...

Second, one thread which I have not been able to fine, there was a company listed that could rehab the 67 style arm rests. Anyone help me find it?

Thanks.

Call TMI. They can make you factory correct 67 seat covers. Not sure about the arm rests.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Thank you all for the comments...

Really like the Shop bench idea, no place to sit in my shop currently.

No hurry to part with it... But I have been trying to clean up my take off parts section. It seems inexpensive Bronco projects are a thing of the past. I know it is all relative, been around long enough that $1,500 use to buy you something. Now it is $10 - $15,000. No point in keeping parts if the base vehicle is more than you are willing to spend.

egghh find a friend to hold it if need be :)