• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

OR 69 Bronco for sale SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

broncobilly_69

Loc.
Lebanon
1969 Ford Bronco. Body off restoration done 15 years ago, kept under cover and driven occasionally since. Wiring replaced with Painless wiring kit. Dana 44 front axle with disc brake conversion. 4 spider, limited slip 9" rear axle. NP435 transmission w/ original Dana 20 transfer case. 302 V8 with 351 Windsor heads, aluminum, high-rise intake manifold, and Edelbrock 4 bbl carburetor. Power steering, James Duff 2.5" lift with super hoop dual front shock mount and rear traction bars. Custom front grill guard bumper with 2" receiver built in. Custom rear bumper with tire/gas can carrier. Frame mounted 2" trailer hitch receiver. Custom side step bars. Interior Rhino lined. Under side of body, and inside/outside of hard top coated with spray bed liner. 6 point roll cage, front shoulder harness seat belts, and seats from a 90's Jeep.
30,000 OBO
text or call Nick 541-570-9853
It is listed on Craigslist (Corvallis/Albany, OR) with pics.
https://corvallis.craigslist.org/cto/d/corvallis-69-bronco/6826848830.html

Last edited:

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
I would have done the link when I found it, but I DON"T KNOW HOW to do that!!!

Also noted no handle on the rear lift gate?

Last edited:
OP
OP
broncobilly_69

broncobilly_69

Loc.
Lebanon
Thank you for the input guys, I added the interior pictures to the craigslist ad today. I have hardware for the hardtop but never got around to installing it.
I would appreciate honest opinions on the price too.

bfoldy

Contributor
Loc.
Torrance, CA
Since you asked for honest opinions on price, I'll offer up my opinion. Not trying to be critical, just trying to help with another point of view. I've enjoyed following the actual results on BringATrailer, eBay etc. over the years so here a few key observations that I think will help you.

Based on the pictures, it looks like it has a pretty nice paint job and it has some nice features like power steering, disc brakes, drivetrain upgrades and a Painless re-wire.

If you're looking to get $50K, I honestly think you're overpriced quite a bit in it's current configuration though. Having a more stock look is going to drive bigger money but even so, $50K will likely be a stretch. This Bronco has some functional, but very taste-specific mods like the bumpers, side steps, mudflaps, diamond plate,etc. that I don't think are going to appeal to the audience willing/able to spend $50K so they're going to want to switch them out. These things are fairly easily done, but I'd guess people spending this kind of money are most likely not DIYers or want a turn-key vehicle so they may not be willing to look past them.

I honestly think a little money invested in fitting with front and rear stock bumpers, new BFG AT tires, and removing the other items like side steps, mud flaps, and diamond plate are going to maximize your value.

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
Since you asked for honest opinions on price....
If you're looking to get $50K, I honestly think you're overpriced quite a bit in it's current configuration though. Having a more stock look is going to drive bigger money but even so, $50K will likely be a stretch.... I honestly think a little money invested in fitting with front and rear stock bumpers, new BFG AT tires, and removing the other items like side steps, mud flaps, and diamond plate are going to maximize your value.

/\ /\ /\

What he said. In my opinion, it's priced about double what is it's highest value, and I think $25k is a stretch. Don't mean to be a downer, but just my gut feeling.

For instance, this one is 40% less, and I would say is at least "comparable" to yours, or maybe I missed something special:

https://www.mitchellmotorco.com/vehicleimageall.aspx?cmb=0|20966674|408525

Here's another good example: http://www.classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292985#post3173353

Last edited:

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Doesn't help showing a 2X4 holding up the liftgate with a $50,000 asking price.

At least you are being honest in your pics!!!

Bedliner scares lots of people, too......what is under it???? Before application pics should help the value - unless something is amiss.

Agree with the bumpers, side steps, and diamond plate comments about not adding value.

Still no engine compartment pics??

OVERALL, looks nice, but Rob and I are thinking similar thoughts on price.

PS: I am NO EXPERT......just going by what I see advertised and what others on this site have/had.

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
Doesn't help showing a 2X4 holding up the liftgate with a $50,000 asking price.

At least you are being honest in your pics!!!

Bedliner scares lots of people, too......what is under it???? Before application pics should help the value - unless something is amiss.

Agree with the bumpers, side steps, and diamond plate comments about not adding value.

Still no engine compartment pics??

OVERALL, looks nice, but Rob and I are thinking similar thoughts on price.

PS: I am NO EXPERT......just going by what I see advertised and what others on this site have/had.

Even something minor like the dashpad. I couldn't imagine paying $50k for a rig with a dashpad like that. Removing it even without replacing it would probably add value.

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
I hope you aren't regretting asking for opinions on price yet. ;)

Today's market really makes it look like people are getting 50-60k for broncos regularly but I think most sales, from what I've seen, are in 30-45k dollar range for really nice looking broncos.

That being said I think you're bronco could be in that range but like some others have said some things need to be addressed first. First, I think you need to buff polish the paint, clean everything the best it can be cleaned and take nice high-quality photos of it on a sunny day. You may even want someone with a nicer camera and a little more experience to take the pictures. At a high price tag, you gotta have high-quality photos. That will get people intrigued.

Dash pad is another. I think a little over 200 bucks and you got a new one. Install the hartop hardware. Make sure all the seals are in place properly and replace if needed. Throw a mat on the front floor, a rear seat in the back and you might be getting closer to the price you want and probably deserve for the work you put into it.

OP
OP
broncobilly_69

broncobilly_69

Loc.
Lebanon
I appreciate all the honest opinions and suggestion. I knew I was pretty high price, but a couple non bronco owners that I know were just sure I'd get 40-50k easy. :)
I figured it is always easy to come down on price.
I'll have to get some engine compartment pics and pics from the process to show what is under the bedliner. The paint job is 15 years old.
I should probably try to finish up a few things like the rear lift gate, owning a horse boarding facility, I just haven't had time and may have to lower the price more or hire it done.
The odds of finding a rich buyer that truly appreciates my "stylishly functional" custom add-ons like the bumpers and such are pretty slim. :D

OP
OP
broncobilly_69

broncobilly_69

Loc.
Lebanon
Well I have somebody driving from Spokane Washington, 450 miles away, to look at it tomorrow. Offered me $25,000 over the phone and says if it’s in the shape I say it is we will have a deal. He looked at the photos and asked about rust. Didn’t seem super concerned about mechanical stuff. Looking it over before he came out I noticed the pinion seals on both axles are leaking a bit. I made sure to text him and let him know that. We will see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gupster88

Contributor
Guppy
Loc.
Tillamook OR
Stick with the 25. Think that is a real fair price. You know as well as I do he will try to get you down a couple thousand more when he arrives. Stand your ground. He is driving to far to go home without it. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.