• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

69 v8 transmission conversion to auto

larrydurango

Hello to all,
This is my first time posting, so I preemptively aplogize if I'm screwing up etiquette. .. or if you've heard this question a thousand times already.

I have a 69 bronco w/v8 (also a 67 with a s6, but that's for another day) and want to replace the 3treeManual with a floor shifter automatic. My mechanic recommends the 3 speed linked below. Do y'all beleive this is a good option? Will I regret not getting od? I plan for it to be a snow blader (lots of low gear and reverse) and work truck.. but trailered off the property (for the most part).

Transmission:
$1495
Adapter kit:
$1289

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ford put the C4 in Broncos from 73-77 & they work great. Is plowing with it the only way you would use it? If you had the OD would you take it on longer trips? Is getting a 4R70w from an Explorer something you would pay your mechanic to do? I think I would search trans swap on here & see what other people did & why to help make a decision. Transmission choice & how you intend to use a Bronco is a really personal choice. I've got one with a C4 & one with a 3 speed stick that I'm converting to a 5 speed. I love them both for different reasons & different situations. I hope you can figure out what you need/want & then get it done & drive it.

Good luck with the projects & welcome.

David A