• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

72 Bronco New Tub and Body Work

Uncle Butter

Contributor
I took my 72 in to a fab shop to provide an estimate for some work and there is enough rust in the body that it looks like I'm going to need a new tub. Considering this, does anyone have a recommendation for someone or an outfit in NorCal that can do the work? Since I need a new tub this includes the body prep, paint, wiring, interior installation and installation of the body on the old frame. Most of the interior will need to be replaced along with the installation of a family roll bar. I have an existing hard top as well but not sure if that will fit the new tub. Anyone have a rough estimate of how much this will cost in total? Any advice will help. Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
Uncle Butter

Uncle Butter

Contributor
Or, if anyone knows a resource I can buy a completely finished body ready for install on the chassis, I'd consider that option as well. Buying a newly restored Bronco and swapping the body/chassis doesn't seem smart because those are already priced extremely high. It might as well just sell this one if I went that route.

hsach

Contributor
Members Only
I know nothing about this company other than it was posted on here a little while ago. They are in Sacramento and build steel bronco tubs. Good luck with your search.

https://shannonsbroncos.com/

ngsd

Bronco Guru
I know nothing about this company other than it was posted on here a little while ago. They are in Sacramento and build steel bronco tubs. Good luck with your search.

https://shannonsbroncos.com/
that is what I was going to suggest as well. Show us pics of the rust. Is the builder not wanting to repair it or just saying a new tub would be better. Some of us would repair it if not bad enough and may want it.

ngsd

Bronco Guru
I took my 72 in to a fab shop to provide an estimate for some work and there is enough rust in the body that it looks like I'm going to need a new tub. Considering this, does anyone have a recommendation for someone or an outfit in NorCal that can do the work? Since I need a new tub this includes the body prep, paint, wiring, interior installation and installation of the body on the old frame. Most of the interior will need to be replaced along with the installation of a family roll bar. I have an existing hard top as well but not sure if that will fit the new tub. Anyone have a rough estimate of how much this will cost in total? Any advice will help. Thanks in advance!
You are looking at about 35-40 in norcal for a full body with paint. I have had a few quotes and that is pretty consistent right now.

OP
OP
Uncle Butter

Uncle Butter

Contributor
that is what I was going to suggest as well. Show us pics of the rust. Is the builder not wanting to repair it or just saying a new tub would be better. Some of us would repair it if not bad enough and may want it.
There are tons of photos and too costly to repair all of the rusted areas; door rocker, body mount area, panel welds, wheel wells, etc. I know that much but I appreciate the thought.

OP
OP
Uncle Butter

Uncle Butter

Contributor
You are looking at about 35-40 in norcal for a full body with paint. I have had a few quotes and that is pretty consistent right now.
Thanks for the ballpark. That's what I'm hearing as well. Now I need to figure out the cost to install, body parts, interior, rewire, etc.