• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

73 fuel selector question

73EXP

Loc.
Richmond, Virginia (Home of Duke's Mayonaise)
Hey-

I have a 73 explorer & now I am the proud owner of TWO broken 6 port fuel selector valves. I would appreciate a lead to a FUEL SELECTOR valve diagram, or anyone elses experience with the 1973 (beta testing year for bronco emissions)

The 1973 bronco is the only year 66-77 to use a SIX port mixing valve. This trucks prior owner "solved" the problem by installing a 4 port valve in place of the broken 6 he gave me. I have very little idea of where the aditional 2 lines were routed, and have not found any leads to a diagram to show how the lines running to the switch were intended to go.

Other than to keep looking for a used 6 port valve, I would LOVE to figure out what type of product to use that would fix the broken valve.

Most of these break in the same way, if you use a 3/4 wrench to open the valve, the rod that goes to the selector handle and also turns the valve itself (inside) has a pin in the end of it that mounts inside of the plastic valve barrel. This is where it usually breaks. So... what kind of glue or epoxy could I use that would remain intact when immersed in gasoline for the rest of its life?

OR... where can I get new guts for this valve?

Thanks in advance.

70_Steve

Old Guy
From BC Bronco's???

ELECTRIC FUEL TANK SELECTOR VALVES

These electric fuel tank selector valves replace the old manual tank selector under your seat for easy, trouble-free operation. The 3-port valve is the solution for carburated vehicles. The 6-port valve is the answer to the dual tanks dilemna for EFI-equipped vehicles, as it switches both the supply and return lines simultaneously. Best of all, either can be easily wired to the existing fuel gauge selector switch on your dash, so you can switch switch the fuel gauge between tanks at the same time you switch tanks for fuel delivery.

PRICING
3 Port Fuel Tank Selector Valve (Carb) $45.00
6 Port Fuel Tank Selector Valve (EFI) $79.00
Wiring kit $21.00

OP
OP

73EXP

Loc.
Richmond, Virginia (Home of Duke's Mayonaise)

hey- I actually want to FIND a six port (original) or FIX the one I have.

SO- I guess this is a what or where question.

what- kind of glue or epoxy will fix the plastic valve itself?

or where can I get a used one?

74bronc

Bronco Guru
look in some aircraft supply company catalogs. I was at a Fly-in and walked past a table and saw a fuel selector valve that was identical to the EB fuel selector valve. I can remember if it had six ports, but it looked exactly the same. maybe they can help you out. They were cheaper than the originals through the EB parts houses too.

www.aircraftspruce.com

www.wicks.com