• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

'74 restoration/EFI cinversion wiring nightmare

whitts end

I did a frame off restoration on my '74 Bronco and have been stumped with trying to get it to start. I got an EFI harness from Ron Francis for a '93 5.0 and hooked it all up. I am using the factory dash harness and cannot figure out why it will not start. I've gone through all the wires to ensure there is no resistance but all the diagrams I have suck and many "factory" wires arent on the diagrams (mainly violet and grey wires) If any one has done a succesful conversion with all electrical components mathing up please help!!! I have more info to divulge. I need to end this 5 year project in 3 months (i.e. drive the thing!) and I feel I'm close but my efforts have been exausted... any insight would help. Thank you!

Brian

ransil

Bronco Guru
You need to verify you have all start & run wires wired correctly.
And is everything ground properly.

COBlu77

Loc.
Arvada, CO
It could be so many things. Where are you located? Is the Ron Francis harness, just a re-worked Ford Motor Sports harness? Any codes? Does the fuel pump run for 3 seconds when you first turn the key?

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Do you have an automatic and is your neutral safety switch and inertia switch hooked up properly?

spatacuulous

Loc.
philadelphia
CHECK ALL YOUR GROUNDS. This is what happened to me. I painted the dash, and when I went to put the ignition switch in, I just assumed it would be grounded. The paint stopped that and I found out what was wrong by using alligator clamps to check, check and re-check. Keep us informed and good luck. Take you time and Don't throw a wrench through the garage door window.

OP
OP
W

whitts end

hope

Thanks for all the replies, I am in the process of hooking up the inertia switch in series with the fuel pump and the relay. Does the ignition switch itself need to be grounded?(as installed in the dash) as well as the ECM?
Thanks again for the help I sincerly appreciate it, oh and I'm in Sacramento CA for the time being, soon moving on north.