• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

76 floor mats - unique bicentennial??

weps

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Switzerland
while cleaning out a 76 over the weekend, i came across three floor mats. two squarish red ones and a black one with stars, stripes, and the bronco script. (the script one was between the seats.)

i looked for obvious ford identifiers, but couldn't find any. also haven't seen anything similar in other broncos or on ebay and was wondering if anyone was familiar with these mats and knew if they are a ford item.

thesnake

Bronco Guru
WEPS, I've seen them on ebay a few times, and I also saw them in a 76 bronco I looked at in denver back in 88. I don't know 100% for certain, but I believe them to be bicentennial floor mats. The one's on ebay went for big bucks, then the guy put them back on ebay about 6 months later, stating he found a nos set. They went for big bucks the second time as well.

I've always wanted a set, but they are too cost prohibitive. Good Find!!!!

John

OP
OP
weps

weps

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Switzerland
here is a pic of the mats. are they what you recall? there doesn't seem to be much info out there on them and web searches so far have turned up nothing.

..the big black mat underneath is what was under the bed carpeting of a 74 ranger. i had never seen one of those before either.

Attachments

• 76mats.gif
    76mats.gif
    133.4 KB · Views: 234

thesnake

Bronco Guru
Yep, those were the ones!!! Also on the rear bed mat, I saw one in a different 76 in Iowa. The owner got it from the ford dealership, as an option. I've seen one other and it was white in a bronco sport I looked at in Phoenix.

John

thesnake

Bronco Guru
As far as the small rear mats, I believe the wagon I looked at had something similar to the front, only smaller. I think I saved a pic from the ones on ebay, I'll look around and see if I can find it anywhere.

John

thesnake

Bronco Guru
WEPS, I found a pic but I'm not signed up to post. It shows the front and rear floor mats.

snake

OP
OP
weps

weps

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Switzerland
excellent! thanks for checking. i changed my profile so it should now allow emailing. if you send it along i'll check it out and also post it here if you don't object. if the site doesnt allow photo sending, address is:

trashworks@aol.com

from what i'm hearing it sounds as if there are supposed to be two of the black bronco mats for the front. and two of the red ones for the back. will be interesting to see them all together.

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
The large rear black mat is pretty standard in the wagons until 76. All 77's had a cardboard type insulation board with narrow strips going done each runner. I have 4-5 of the big mats from parts trucks.

OP
OP
weps

weps

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Switzerland
whoa! they would be something to see all clean and shiny. definitely glad you sent.

you guys are the best!

Attachments

• broncobicentennialfloormats.jpg
    broncobicentennialfloormats.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 164

ASE-73

Loc.
Seattle, WA
I still cannot decide if they are ...

Cool (given collectors rarity), or Fugly (given they look like they were made from Evil Knevil's jacket pattern).

thesnake

Bronco Guru
And I'd like a pair lol....(at least I don't have a black velvet elvis portrait lol....)

John

OP
OP
weps

weps

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Switzerland
i would say they are cool AND fugly.

...kind of like a lava lamp or a bean bag chair.