• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

78-9 D60 knuckles and hubs interchange exactly with what other years?

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
1-Looking to find spare D60 hub in case one is ever needed.

2- looking for spare DS & PS knuckles for the same. I can't use Chevy or Dodge since the strg arm is a different length.

Nobody seems to be 100%.

Thanks

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
hubs, no problem and Ford D60 is supposed to be the same, notice "supposed".... I've never had a ford hub be different even dually hubs have all had the caliper surface be the same. I've used the HD TTB hubs, spindles and brakes on D60's with good success as well so that should be a resource too. Reid makes ford knuckles for 78-79, not cheap but are available and strong.

welndmn

Bronco Guru
The kunckles are a 2 year only deal.
The hubs are all the same, when I drilled mine to 5 on 5.5 I used (and still use) dana 50 TTB hubs as they are cheap and still in the junkyards.

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Thanks for the info...guess if I break a knuckle Ill be down for a while as the Reid knuckles have a bit longer strg arm like the Chev ones do.

When building the front end I bought a laser cut kit to re-enforce the D60 knuckles. It welds on and covers the upper half...can't hurt right?

Attachments

• 20190410_160047.jpg
    20190410_160047.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 19
OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Wish there was a "like" button on here...

Thanks Steve.