• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

9 inch gearing info from tag

67u13

Loc.
austin texas
I picked up a Dana 44 today from a local junkyard and did not have the time/money to get the 9 inch that went with it. I have a friend who has a few 9 inch axles and can get one for free. I just want to make sure the gearing is the same. The tag reads:
WDM-CR 9AE
50 9 622A
Thanks for any help!!

jabranovich

Loc.
New Castle PA.
Ratio

Take the tag off by the nut should be 3. or 3L to go with the 50 on the second row of numbers,3.50 would be 3.50 open 3L50 would be 3.50 posi L for limited slip

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
More than likely it has 3.50 gears the only option that I know of was 4.11's and I personaly have never found one with that gearing. For some reason there doesnt seem to be many with L/S either.

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
67u13 said:
I picked up a Dana 44 today from a local junkyard and did not have the time/money to get the 9 inch that went with it. I have a friend who has a few 9 inch axles and can get one for free. I just want to make sure the gearing is the same. The tag reads:
WDM-CR 9AE
50 9 622A
Thanks for any help!!

I use the following link http://www.maliburacing.com/ford_9_inch/ford_nine_inch.htm
whenever I have any questions about rear diffs, or more specifically, the spec tags. It is more than you ever wanted to know. Beware though, you might learn some things you don't want to know. Did you know that a lot of Ford "9 inch" third members are really 8.8 inches?