• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

9" small bearing disk brakes setup

jason barker

Need help with what to buy. Would like a parking brake, just want best bang for my buck. Thanks for help

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I have the TSM kit that uses the caddy calipers. Brakes work good but e-brake is a pita to get working. If doing over I would get the caliper brackets from bc broncos. They make it easier to bleed the brakes. I've heard the explorer disc set-ups dont like to hold big tires with the internal e-brake.

BUCKNBRONK

Loc.
fresno
If u want more braking power your $$ would be better spent on a hydoboost setup IMHO.
But rear disks do look cool.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm seriously thinking about a t-case parking brake...gets it out of the way and works on all four tires if your driveshafts and axles are intact. The original drums make the best parking brakes, anything in terms of a caliper with integral parking brake mechanism or internal drum-in-hat will be a step down in my experience, at least with respect to parking brake holding torque and performance.

As for parking brakes at the wheels, I prefer the internal drum-in-hat type since they seem to work better when set up properly. They also don't effect the brake performance, regardless of their condition, whereas calipers like the old Cadillac type require that you set the parking brake to compensate for pad wear.