• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

9" vent line

sarens

ok I have searched threads but I can't find where/how the rear end vent line should run, can anyone please provide description and/or pictures
-PO ran 1' of red fuel line and plugged the end with silicone caulk, just guessing that is not correct;)

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Normally its run up into a hole in the frame nearest one you can find on the driverside and the hose end needs to be open. Should be able to use about 2ft of hose. Also you will want to make sure the fitting in the housing is not plugged up. As they tend to plug up over time especailly if the line was ever off.

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
Heres a pic,not great but give you a idea.Heres some of my front hose.

Attachments

• vent hoses 001.jpg
    vent hoses 001.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 49
  • vent hoses 002.jpg
    vent hoses 002.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 48
  • vent hoses 008.jpg
    vent hoses 008.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 55
  • vent hoses 010.jpg
    vent hoses 010.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 51
  • vent hoses 011.jpg
    vent hoses 011.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
OP
OP
sarens

sarens

excellent pictures and advice guys thanks, broncnaz good call the fitting was plugged solid when I took it apart to clean up

JSBX

Contributor
I ran my vent line on the front end into the engine bay and on the rear I ran inside the bed area. I then took and cut a couple pieces of brake line about three inches long. I flattened one end and drilled several small hole in the line. I put one in the end of each vent line and fasted with a hose clamp. Zip tied them up out of the way. No big chunks of dirt can get in the hose to plug it up.

OP
OP
sarens

sarens

JSBX, very creative and excellent idea, thanks for sharing, I will borrow that idea for sure