• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

96 explorer motor parts list

maverickconner

Ok, so I have been reading like a mad man because I just found a 96 explorer 5.0 for $500 with harness and computer. I am having him pull the throttle pedal and cable, a 94' 2 core radiator, 99 lower hose, the coolant return bottle and getting an astro van hydroboost.

1.Can anyone please tell me if there is anything I am missing from the parts car?

2. and what is the main difference if I use the explorer computer or a mustang computer?

3. and why you would change the distributor?

4. Also, can I even use the explorer harness? seems like it would be the preferred choice, I built the last two, one from the XR-7, the other a mustang

5. and I am going to rebuild the motor, and want 300hp, if one of the HP gurus could chim in on what throttle body and injectors I would need I sure would appreciate it.

I have done a XR-7 5.0 before and also a 351W GT-40 EFI, but those were very similar to the mustang. Now I read these builds and people are switching back to those parts.

OP
OP
maverickconner

maverickconner

my final combo is going to be

96 explorer motor (300hp/ 350ft torque--- if possible)
NV3550
D20- Jshift
4.56 locked front and rear full width 79' axles
35" tires

BooRae

Loc.
Abita Springs, LA
Is that the '96 v8 that is down on the Kenai from Vern?
Hilltop has two, a 96 and 97. Are you going to do the swap here or when you get to the island?
Great to see you all last night! Stew was AWESOME!

OP
OP
maverickconner

maverickconner

Yeah, it is the one Vern has... He is going to get the harness and everything for me. I will do it when I get down to the island, but am going to try and get all the parts up here because of the shipping cost.